Monday, 12 September 2005

Happy Birthday To Me...

Note: This is a backdated entry. Haha.

Got these from #1!! :D


I'm completely down-to-earth!

Find your soul type
at kelly.moranweb.com.


You are the most in touch with knowledge. It's the tree of life from which you tap the sap. You know what you want and you know how to reasonably get it.


Virtues: You respect people with plans. When someone has their head on their shoulders, you know that they can see straightforward and keep their eyes on the mark. When it comes to looking at the future, you take a logical approach: what's within your ability? A fortunate attribute that you have is the ability to set a goal for yourself, higher than maybe you feel possible, but still keep yourself within reasonable bounds. You take the time to appreciate those surrounding you and they do appreciate you in return. Decision-making comes naturally to you when you take the time to consider each option. People only come to talk to you when they are looking for a logical, reasonable solution.
Aspirations: You have an idea of what you can do with your life, but you push it up a notch. You need a profession that you can enjoy, so work towards it. You want to live near your friends and family while being as far away as possible. You also want to settle down while working in excitement and variation.


Quirks: You don't appreciate drama queens and they don't appreciate you. When they need help, they won't seek you out because of your ability to see through their overly dramatic predicaments. You have leeway for humor, and sometimes love to participate in it, but when it becomes irrational behavior, others can count you out. Loud noises are bothersome, except when they come from you or your friends.


Factors: Reach for the sky! Don't decide to do something because you're merely good at it, but choose something you might like to do, despite whether you're sure you can master it or not. Don't only save room for a few empathetic friends, but open up to everyone.


Future: When looking for a job, if you work in all of your talents (logic, decision-making, planning, and definitely humor), you'll find yourself happy. Come to a compromise for location; live nearby your friends and take periodic vacations or live farther away and take frequent return trips.


* * *



You Are 50% Weird

Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!


Your Power Color Is Red-Orange

At Your Highest:

You are warm, sensitive, and focused on your personal growth.

At Your Lowest:

You become defensive and critical if you feel attacked.

In Love:

You are loyal - but you demand the respect you deserve.

How You're Attractive:

You are very affectionate and inspire trust.

Your Eternal Question:

"Am I Respected?"
Okay enfin I am updating. Haha. This entry is going to be quite detailed, so only read this if you are extremely bored. But first of all, let me mention some things that some people did for me or intended to before my birthday.
1. My cell group gave me a pretty birthday card with all their well-wisheson 4/9. So sweet! =)
2. On the 5/9 week, Anna offered to cook me a wonderful lunch and invited me to her house on Monday.
3. Daryl wanted to celebrate my birthday for me on his last free day before he has to leave for the jungle. It happened to be on Monday.
4. On 10/9, Mum gave me a $50 angbao for my birthday because anyway I told her about my shopping spree the day before. Haha so nice right? =)
5. On 11/9, she also bought me a birthday cake. I was running in the park and she came to look for me so that we could go together. Showed that she didn't forget her promise to get me a cake =)
Lundi 12 Septembre 2005
I got a lot of birthday messages from my friends! Haha so happy that they remembered my birthday... :D
After that, I went to Anna's house. I met Daryl first at the Dover MRT Station bus-stop because he didn't know how to get to Anna's house haha. Guess what he gave me? A soft toy chicken that can crow and play music simultaneously and a Christian instrumental CD. Bleah to the chicken. He is the real chicken okay!! :P
Anyway, Anna wanted me to reach her house before Daryl and so I did, and found out about the card and present that cannot be mentioned here. Haha. But the present is very cute. Oh no...this means I can't post that photo here. Heh...never mind I can look at it myself. Haha. Thanks once again to you both anyway. =)
Gosh. Anna's first attempt at making lasagne was fantastic! It looked simply lovely I must say. She has a photo of it - okay I mean photoS, and as I don't have them, I can't post them here. But it tasted nice too, and besides that she also prepared macaroni with cheese and peach smoothies for lunch. Because there was extra cheese sauce and we couldn't finish the lasagna amongst ourselves, Anna made me bring the rest home. Haha. She also gave me a packet of biscuits (sorry I can't type Chinese on my laptop). =)
We also took a few photos. As usual, Anna the class photographer haha...can't do without snapping a few pictures!! ;)
Then, we watched Friends on Anna's PC. I chose Season 9 Episode 12 to represent my birth date, and guess what? Rachel (the one played by Jennifer Aniston) was having her birthday in that episode too! Haha. What a coincidence. After that episode, we went on to watch another while Anna studied for her Jap quiz (poor thing got so many Jap quizzes), so we only managed to leave her house after 1430, which made us slightly late for our RP Experiment S6 (we are supposed to complete 12 credits of experiments for our Psych module). Thank God we weren't THAT late and the experimenter still let us into the computer lab.
I met Shu Ming and Kian Kee who were taking part in the experiment at the same time as us. =)
Anyway, the experiment is like this: We will be shown 5 words, one word at a time on the computer screen. One word will be flashed for approximately 1 second and we have to start recalling the words in order after all 5 words have been flashed. Okay yup I didn't really manage to recall all the words. Haha...
After the experiment, there was still a litle time before my Lit lecture at 1600 and Anna's Jap tutorial at 1600 as well, so we went with Kian Kee to have a look at the bazaar at the Central Forum (how come they have so many bazaars? So free haha...). Then Kian Kee left us to go to the Central Library to study...I think she has no lessons on Monday! And so that means she had signed up for the same expt slot with us even though she didn't have to go to school on that day...I feel so bad... :P
After a while of aimless walking and chatting at the same time, Anna and I parted and I went to LT 9 for my Lit lecture. I met June at the entrance, who wished me a happy birthday. =) She had actually wanted to organize a dinner to celebrate our birthdays (hers was on 10th Sept), but I think the plan just didn't materialize somehow in the end. I still appreciate the thought though. =)
After that, Shu Ming complimented me on my dressing. She kept insisting that I must have dressed so nicely because I had a hot date that day! Haha. And that was not just once. For such a critical person to compliment me on that...it felt good. Haha but at the same time I couldn't resist, as usual, wondering if she was being sarcastic.
Sex Bomb passed me Fool's present! Guess what?! It is a book with the title "Boy Meets Girl - Say Hello To Courtship" !!! (By the way the word "hello" reminds me so much of Fool! ;)) Fool must be afraid that I can't get married! Hahaha... :P But thanks though Fool! I like the book! =) Anyway Shu Ming said the author of the book, Joshua Harris, is handsome. I didn't notice at first but now that she mentioned it. I think so too. Haha.
After the lecture, I was supposed to meet Anna outside LT9 to go for our nuStudios meeting together. She happened to be dismissed before me and Hong Juan and Xue Yan were also having their Philosophy lecture at LT9 so I got to meet them too. Hong Juan wished me then and gave me a few crackers (sorry I forgot the name) for a present. Haha...
Okay I don't really feel like typing much. Just know that we settled stuff in our meeting and then left early (1900 plus, as compared to 2000 plus on previous Mondays).
There was a thunderstorm. I mean during our meeting. By the time we were leaving, the rain had lightened a lot and there was just some lightning and thunder. On the way home while I was on the bus, I read through Anna's book-cum-card. Haha. So creative! =) Haha...but why did have to choose to print THOSE photos...hahaha...well anyway, ever since I had to take 105 for over an hour on my way home from AC (just that now it's from near AC), that ride has become the time that I think a lot about my life. It still is now, and I treasure it. That's why I don't like to go home with people. Too long a ride. Don't know what to talk about and I dread awkward silences. And that is my personal time. Can sleep too if I want to. But after reading about Jake and his similar personal time in The Sun Also Rises, I wonder if this time-thing is that good after all.
Mardi 13 Septembre 2005
I quite like Psych tutorials so far, because all we do during Psych tutorials are various interesting Psych tests and answer some questions on our own that the professor gives to test ourselves on how much we have learned. =) And the best part is that he doesn't call names. =) Juniorette will like that. =)
Intro to Chinese's lectures are not bad too. But only if they are lectured by Dr Wee. Haha he is this interesting, pro, should-be-Singaporean lecturer who speaks Mandarin with a Chinese accent and has a good command of the English language as well. He also knows a bit of other languages. So cool...he is truly a language person! I wish I could be as pro as him...
Mercredi 14 Septembre 2005
Mole gave me a nice green skirt!! Too bad my PC crashed, so I can't upload the photo of it because my laptop does not have that software. I don't know how to install it anyway. As in, I don't know where the CD-ROM is...haha...I shall wear the skirt next next Mercredi!! =)
Anyway, I bought a watermelon milkshake at the fruits stall at The Deck (FASS canteen) after French lecture and I think it is quite nice. =)
Then, I went to Anna's house to get that mysterious present I mentioned earlier. Haha.
Jeudi 15 Septembre 2005
Went out with Satay today and she gave me a "Secret Loves" diary from Happy House! It has a pig in front. Haha reminds me of Fool's photo album! ;)
Later, we went to Heartland Mall's Giordano because actually that was our main purpose - to buy the shirts we both had our eyes on during my birthday week because there would be a 15% discount. Guess what. My shirt wasn't there, and in the end the salesgirl had to take down my contact number and name so that she can inform me when it arrives. They still haven't called me. And to think she said it should arrive by today. Hmmm.
Vendredi 16 September 2005
I earned $5 from taking part in another RP experiment! Haha...they ought to have more of such experiments!
I'll admit it. I had been in two minds all along about going for Anna's OG barbeque. I am sorry to those who thought I was firm in my decision and never thought that I was very troubled over it. Haha. In the end, the famous AC (alternating current; Mole) and I decided to go and prepare for our DBS-NUS Heritage 10km run on Sunday instead. (In the end we aren't going because her left knee still hurts from Friday's 10 km-25 round run at the Serangoon Sports Complex and we can't leave our bags at BTC)
And yup, that also means we really did tun 10km on Friday! Haha! I broke my record of 10 rounds and Mole broke hers of 17! We encouraged each other to go on by "celebrating" whenever we reached the white line where we began. "Celebrating" means shouting out the remaining number of rounds to each other in French. Haha so fun... =)
Well after running so much, I must honestly say that it was nothing much. We ran very slowly and were overtaken by almost everyone, but since our aim was to complete the 25 rounds, what the heck. What matters was that we did it!! Haha! And our muscles didn't ache after that. Weird right?
Aujourd'hui, Samedi 17 Septembre 2005
Didn't do anything much. Just did my French homework and studied Psych Chpt 1 in preparation for the exam on 27/9.
Oh yah. I also watched my tape on the Channel 8 2100 show and learned something from it besides the usual stuff. Jealousy can really stir up a whole lot of trouble. Sheesh.
By the way, I am really sorry that there is no spacing in between my paragraphs. I tried spacing my post so many times but to no avail, so I gave up in the end. Poof.

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 08:51:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home