Poor Hedgehog
I just felt like I had to write this out. It is a dream I had last night. Haha.
I was supposed to meet Sunshine for lunch in school (come to think of it, the canteen we had met at seems quite like The Deck renovated. Yes, I've seen the proposed design for it. And for your information, "The Deck" is the name of the Arts canteen. Haha) and we found a seat and sat down while he went to buy lunch. Not long after that, Mole came over (weird; Mole's in BTC now. But oh well, this was a dream and lots of dream elements don't adhere logically to life anyway) and asked me if I would like to lunch with her. I don't know why I agreed. (or did I simply agree to accompany her to buy lunch? I don't remember :P)
We walked to the stalls and finally settled in front of this stall with exceptionally delicious aromas. I suddenly remembered what Sunshine had said about the stall. Apparently, they mistreat animals while preparing their food. I wasn't too sure to what extent they mistreat animals and wondered how they did that so I didn't really believe it but told Mole about it nevertheless. She went, "Huh?..." in a "I'm not too sure what you are talking about" way so I figured that she probably had the same reaction as I did when I first heard of the rumour. Anyway, Mole ordered her food and one of the women tending the stall told us that we had to go in to their cooking area to "re-order". (oh well, whatever...)
We went in by a side door and walked past the cooking areas of the other stalls. When we finally got to our destination, we saw this oven toaster-like appliance and something on the tray inside that the woman who had beckoned us in set fire to. The something seemed like Mole's order and the whole thing caught fire. It was moving too while burning, which was extremely odd. The woman then hurriedly put out part of the fire with a damp cloth and when she was done, whe walked away to do other stuff. I then looked at the moving food again and couldn't believe what I saw. Let me describe what I saw from bottom to top.
Mole's Order on the hedgehog Top
A HEDGEHOG that was running on the slice of bread
A squarish piece of bread that was set on fire Bottom
(Yes, the above part is in red and black because it was really shocking in my dream - imagine freaky music playing in the background when I saw this, because that was how it was like in my dream)
The poor hedgehog must have felt a lot of pain! It was red-hot (rather than brown) from all the heat and I pity how it had to endure the pain previously when it caught fire as well. (incidentally, I have to reiterate that this is just a dream so don't ask me how come the hedgehog could run on the spot on the bread) Mole and I stared at each other with pained expressions and sneaked out of the cooking area subsequently. I think we didn't dare to do anything to the hedgehog because we were afraid that we might land ourselves in trouble. I don't know; somehow it seemed as if people who are cruel enough to mistreat animals in this manner would be capable of doing something just as bad or worse to human beings. Those women seemed rather creepy anyway.
(Michelle would cry if she read about the hedgehog and if this were real, I think :P)
Then we walked over to other stalls...and I don't really remember how Mole and I parted. Somehow, I got to the part where I suddenly remembered I was supposed to lunch with Sunshine and ran back, only to find him with another friend...I think it was Qijun (I think everything means something. Shall write all this somewhere else). And the feeling I got was as if all this letting down of a friend thing (I mean, generally) has happened a lot of times before.


Post a Comment