Ten Dollars
I just felt that I had to write this down (and this is what I mean about having lots of free time at home and being able to blog about things as and when I want to; I have felt like blogging about stuff a lot of times but usually when this happens, I'm not at home with my laptop/PC or do not have the chance/time to blog and this is why I seem to neglect my blog a lot. Anyway, I actually do not have time to blog but am taking out time to because I just feel like I HAVE TO write this down.) and therefore here I am.
The following vignette describes an act of love that is greatly appreciated. The monetary gift involved is merely a tool used in conveying the act of love.
I lost $10 on the way to develop my photos, and only discovered my loss when I got home. How stupid and blur is that?! I had borrowed $10 from Dao before going out to run because I was afraid that the people at the photoshop would want a cash deposit or something. Turned out that they wanted me to make full payment in cash in the end, so I didn't use the $10 at all.
Actually, on my way there, I had tried to take out the CD-ROM because my pocket opening is small and it was not that easy to pull out the CD-ROM with its cover. While doing that, I heard someone from the kopitiam (yes; I was outside one) shout "ooi! Ooi!" but didn't bother to wonder if they were trying to get my attention or something. Knowing how easy it is to drop something while getting stuff out a pocket, I felt in my pocket to make sure that my 3 cards were still there (and totally forgot about the $10 note). They were, so I smugly moved on.
As aforementioned, the lady at the photo shop wanted me to make full payment in cash, so I went over to the nearby UOB ATM to withdraw $50 from my near-depleted account and paid her (yes; just then, I remembered the $10 and thought I should have withdrew $40 instead, but it was too late...).
I happily walked home and locked the gate. Dao was sitting on the sofa, so I decided to return him his money and thank him for it. I reached into my pocket...pulled out my cards, etc, and my change...and saw no $10 note.
My shock turned into franticness (this word does exist!) and I trace-ran all the way back to the photoshop...but still did not find my $10 note. :'(
And yes I've been doing a lot of :'( recently. Bleah.
And so I :'( all the way home for the second time and when Mum got home I told her about it. She heard that I **i** and gave me $10...
(By the way, $10 really means a lot to a person who is super broke.)
I was so grateful that I hugged my mother (for the first time in my life, I think. Don't give that weird look...I guess my family has never been that big on hugs and that's why SH seldom or never gives hugs :P). =)


Post a Comment