Combined OG Outing
I went for my OG outing yesterday. I was from the Green group (again? Haha...) and its name is Hyperactive ("Hyper" for short). We had a combined outing with Blue group (Skitzo) and I'm so glad I went. I mean, at first, I was reluctant to go because I'm not close to my group (thanks to all the work I had to do for Logistics during the camp; all the committee people are not close to their groups either). Kwee Ting is a committee member too, but she actually knows two freshies who are in my group because they were from the same JC and she had asked them to come and help her make up the number of campers (so we would have more money) and they had agreed to come and help even though they'll be heading for SMU! So, I was actually the only faci who does not know anyone. Even on the last day of the camp, I didn't really talk much to them and wasn't sure if they remember my name. I did remember most of their names though. Haha. I'm good with names! (Okay paiseh, I don't remember those who didn't talk very much. I mean, I actually managed to remember the names of all the freshies in my group who turned up yesterday, except for one... :P)
When I got to Marina Bay MRT Station, I saw a small group of freshies as well as Shaun Ong and Taili there already. Turns out that Shiwen and Louisa (freshies from my group) were on the same train as me and were getting out through the fare gates...they were in front of me. I was still trying to see if anyone had arrived yet and trying not to get myself spotted...and then suddenly someone in that group waved and Shiwen turned around and recognised me so I had no way of escape (hmm. I was going to hide behind the MRT control station till Hong Juan and Jingting arrived [they are both from Skitzo]). I then went to join them.
I'm really thankful that my group's freshies are friendly. Okay I think Shiyang (who got best camper in my group) isn't as friendly, but the rest are. Haha...Edmund especially always tried to get me into the group! (E.g. I would be with the blue group [because HJ and JT are there] and he would ask me why I was there or remark that I'm lost and then I would say it's because they don't include me and so he would say,"Okay okay, come in come in," like a big brother [I don't believe I'm writing this! He's my academic JUNIOR even though he's older than me! :P] Elizabeth is very nice to me too. =) Louisa made an effort to talk to me as well hehe. Shiwen is also very sweet. Nothing to say about Shiyang. Haha. :P
So, actually, right from the start, I was glad that I had decided to go for the outing. Thanks to the people who had persuaded me to go! I mean, I wasn't close to my group people at all, but managed to bond a little with them after that. Haha. And it helped that they are nice people too. Hehe. =)
But I was quite sad that DJD didn't go... :P
Anyway, Cheryl Nott and Justina came too, much to my surprise. Apparently they had come to settle some accounts stuff (goodness knows for what, but maybe it was for the camp). So they didn't join us for dinner. Cheryl came to inform me about the dinner at Rice Table this Friday for the committee and some six seniors she would be treating for their help with the camp. The Logistics people would know about this since I've informed them...but since no one wants to go for obvious reasons, I told Cheryl we won't be going. Haha I knew right from the start that no one would want to go. Hmm...
After waiting a very long time for everyone to arrive, we finally set off with 振发活海鲜 in mind. But on our way there, we were stopped by this woman (probably in her 40s) giving out brochures for 品鲜 and trying to get us to go to her restaurant. She stopped Jin Xun and...can't remember who (:P) and said that her restaurant provides transport there and back and just kept promoting her steamboat package. Lifen and Peiying from Blue group were really funny. They addressed the woman as "美女" and asked her to let us have two bottles of free drinks and a discount...I think she was already going to let us have a discount of $2 (because we paid $10 instead of $12 in the end) but when they started talking about the drinks, she said," OK 我打去问老板先!" and the two girls said, "为什么要问老板?你作主啦!" Following that, the woman hesitated as if to think a little, and then replied," 两瓶水。。。。。。。好吧!我请!"
I really think those two girls are excellent persuaders. Haha.
21 people turned up yesterday, by the way. Haha. And all of us managed to squeeze into their company van, which has a sticker that states it is only for 10 people (I don't know if that includes the driver)! Miracle, haha! Alright. The van actually had 23 people in it in the end. I just included the driver and another man who was a helper.
Dinner was not bad. I mean, the food was...average, but the people were great. I wonder why the main focus was to dig out scandals though. And make people create scandals. *shudder*
A list of scandals of Blue and Green Group:
Shiwen and Edmund (oh, by the way, they were the pair from my group to come to my station for Fright Night! And he had asked me if I was hungry [actually, I don't really remember this :P]...and according to him, I had said,"What do you think?" in a scary way and opened my eyes very big [oh he said that they're big hee]...and he said I was scary as a ghost!! Haha!! Knew I'd scared him then. Heehee. And the girl who had come with him is Shiwen. ;) )
Oh yah. Apparently, this is a triangle, because they said Shaun had been trying to hit on Shiwen. Haha. So they are 3. Yesterday, it just became 3+1! I wonder who the "1" is...hmm...so complicated!! Haha. Taili told me it's Kwee Ting (I don't believe him) and Zhaoxiu said it's someone I don't know (I think I would rather believe her...).
Shiyang and Elizabeth (Elizabeth is attached, by the way, but the two of them seem too close to be unreal. Haha.)
Auntie Chang Yi and this other freshie from Blue group...I'm not too sure about the details though!
Eileen and some other guy whom we don't know. During the meet-up of the SPs, the guy and his SP were brought to Kwee Ting's room (because she's the matchmaker). She doesn't remember how they got to talking about which faci they each like best...and the guy actually said he likes Eileen best because she is the chioest faci in the whole camp! Then he said they were from the same JC and he had liked her since then but she had rejected him...and he still likes her now! Wahaha...
Eh...the rest are rubbish, I think.
And I just discovered for myself how different Jingting is from the impression she gives people! Haha naughty Jingting... ;)
Hong Juan left early because she has a curfew at 2200. I stayed on a while more with Jing Ting because she badly wanted to stay and has no curfew (*gasp* so good!!) and anyway, my curfew is later than 2200. Haha.
We all decided to leave at 2200+ in the end, and took the transport provided by the shop back to Marina Bay MRT Station. Haha. And we all managed to squeeze into the van again. ;) (Alright; some of us had left earlier on)
Hey I haven't detailed an outing like this since goodness-knows-when! Haha...


Post a Comment