Wheel Lots
Went to watch Fantastic Four on Monday with Anna. Haha but I don't think I will write a review on it because not many people read them anyway...don't feel like wrting too :P
18/7 was the day that Cathay was giving out free movie tickets at Cineleisure, so we decided to go (it's like bu4 na2 bai2 bu4 na2 haha) and get 'em. Something happened...but won't say what. Though I hope I won't be so hot-tempered again. Sorry Anna. (Wow public apology aren't you honoured? Haha)
After that it was still early, so we walked to Far East Plaza to help Anna look for a suitable bag for uni. Couldn't find any...
So much for Monday. On 19/7, we both had a driving lesson at session 3 (1205-1345), so we went for it together and then travelled to NUS for our medical check-up. At first I thought it would be quite interesting because, frankly speaking, I have never gone for such a medical check-up before. However, it turned out to be...not boring but weird. Haha don't like the one in the room the most. Station G. People going to NUS would know...right Eileen? Haha...tell me when you have gone for it. :P
It rained again on Tuesday! Sigh...I really love the rain, but not when I'm outside!! When I'm outdoors it's so troublesome when it rains...but then, I used to love the rain even when I am outdoors. Now my preferences have changed haha...
Yesterday was THE DAY. The day to say goodbye to my father's old car...and welcome the new one. I have never gone to collect a new car before because the last time we had a new car, Dee had collected it on a weekday and I had school. Dee took a day's leave yesterday just to collect the car. Haha. Let me describe my day...
Dee was supposed to reach the CityCab building at Sin Ming Drive at 0900, but thanks to me as usual, we were late. Haha...anyway, we missed the main entrance and went to the other, only to find out that we were not supposed to enter by that one. Had to go back to the main entrance again. Then we went up to the second level and met the sales engineer-in-charge, Arthur, who took us to the car and explained how to use it (because Dee is not used to driving an automatic transmission car) as well as how to operate the radio, etc.
Heh the new car is more spacious than the old one!! And it looks more classy too...it's easier to drive as well because you don't have to bother about changing gears. Aarghh!! Hope I do pass my driving test on my first attempt. Can't afford to waste anymore money...:P
While packing our stuff into the new car, Dee (or is it me?) accidentally opened the door of the old car (which was next to the new one) too wide and it scratched against the door of the new car!! Oh gosh...it's NEW and now it has this ugly scratch on one of its doors. No idea who did it, but Dee says it was him. :P
Arthur had to go off for an urgent meeting, so he left after we passed him the car keys. After posing for some photographs with the old car (okay I know this is extremely perverted but it was Dee's idea) and comparing the differences between the two engines (my idea), we drove off to Bishan's HDB office to change the recorded car licence plate number under Dee's name. Then, because they only filled the petrol tank with almost just enough fuel for us to travel to the nearest petrol station, we headed for one to fill it up.
It was only as we were setting off from the petrol station that I looked up at the sun visor, and realised...HEY!! Where's Mr Policeman?! (we had this cute Mr Policeman clip from London from my uncle on the passenger's seat's sun visor) I must have left it in the old car...
I told Dee that, and surprisingly, he was okay with going back to the CityCab building to look for it. (Hmmm he is not so nice about such stuff usually! Would just shrug it off and ask me not to bother) And so we did. But guess what...THE CAR WAS GONE!! So soon? Thought Arthur said the car would be collected at 1200, and the time then was only 1130!! :( ...
Oh wellz. Nothing we could do about that. Dee was very excited to show Mum the new car, so we went to look for her at her office next, and to shun4 bian4 have lunch together. In the car park, while waiting for Mum to come down, I drove the car a little...not bad. Haha.
Mum was exasperated that an "accident" of that sort could actually happen to the new car on the first day we got it, so she ranted and raved about it all the way until we reached the hawker centre, and she even continued after lunch (guess that was a break haha). In the end, I just had to say something. Haha.
We actually managed to finish lunch early. (i.e. before 1300) Mum took us up to her office on the fourth floor to go to the washroom. I got introduced to her colleagues. :P
After bidding Mum goodbye, we went to Mount Faber to...relax and view the scenery. On our way up, Dee told me that he used to jog up the steep roads with his friend and enjoy the breeze when they got to the top. Cool. Haha but then he used to live near there so...it's different. When we got to the top, he only took some pictures and we left for Bras Basah Complex. Just nice, because I was thinking of going to a bookshop to buy some book-wrapping...plastic and he suggested Bras-Basah Complex (which is shu1 cheng2 - book city - in Chinese) before I said I wanted to go to a bookshop! Haha...
Oh well Dee used to bring me there very often when I was younger...haha I was sort of like reliving childhood days yesterday!!
After browsing through many bookshops and not buying anything at all (because Mum said we still have a roll of plastic sheet at home), we decided to go and buy...erm...think it is called water chestnut pastries...erm whatever...and was comtemplating if we should wait for Mum to get off from work so we could go home together. But then Mum could only get off at 1800 and the time then was only 1600, so we decided to just get the pastries and go home.
We stopped outside Fuk Tak Chi (福德祠), which is a sort of museum that displays ancient Singaporean Chinese artefacts. After buying the pastries, we went in to take a look. Actually, it looks almost like a temple from the outside, so I didn't even think of going in at first. But Dee asked me to go in with him and so I did, and realised that it is just a museum after all. Haha...it was there that I saw many interesting stuff like ancient passports, marriage certificates, irons, etc.
Well, after that we went home...haven't spent so much time with Dee for quite a while!! Had a fun time yesterday. =)


Post a Comment