Sunday, 17 July 2005

First Time

Met up with my beloved senior on 16/7, and we had a nice time. =) So glad that there was none of the awkwardness one gets from not having seen the other for too long. Guess it's because we had talked over the phone a few days ago for...hours =)

Haha Fish was late as usual. AS USUAL!!! Sigh too long a story to tell haha. We ate at Pastamania! Haha this time I wasn't the one to suggest it though. Thought we might end up eating at a food court again - anyway, there is cheaper food there. But Fish ordered a cream pasta and ended up getting sick of it (which is why I don't like cream pasta) , so she only ate half of it. Over lunch, we talked about lots of stuff so we spent quite a long time there. I really have never seen the Pastamania at J8 so packed before. Haha.

After that, we were supposed to look for something for her, but we somehow ended up spending our time looking at other stuff, and spending the most time at Popular. She had been so excited about the new Harry Potter book and wanted to go in and take a look but turns out there were no new copies there or something and we went to look at other books instead. Then magazines. Haha. As usual. I remember we used to spend a lot of time reading at MPH at J8 when it was still around. =)


My new cross necklace snapped while I was trying out clothes at Thirty-seven Degrees!!! Aarghh...Fool...:( To think I only bought it two weeks ago!! :(

After that, she had to go off early for a cell group barbeque, so I went to buy some food with her and walk a bit around the pasar malam there and then accompanied her to the bus interchange to wait for her bus. We were sitting on the seats there talking...and suddenly, this guy from Prudential approached us.

Aaarghh. If only I wasn't there at the time. I still wonder if what I did was correct. Hope I wasn't cheated...
.


Anyway, Mole and I went for our first cell meeting today. I know we are weird to join an all ladies' group whose age range is 30-60+, but we had a nice and comfortable time (much more comfortable than I thought anyway) there. Moreover, we also felt that they might be able to advise us better because after all they have been through a lot more than us. During our meeting, we discussed Malachi chapter 1 and one of the questions we had to discuss in pairs was which areas of our lives we are currently aware of that are not the best sacrifices unto God. I think it's good to really consider and say things like that out to someone because that someone can help you to improve. My someone was Mole, and we talked a lot about how slack we are as Christians. Thus we thought of ways to improve. For example, I may finally get a chance to serve God!! By being a back-up singer at Sunday school. Haha...and Mole can alternate with Drain as guitar player. We are also going to memorise a bible verse a day and test each other on Sundays! Then she also told me the story of Daniel and the prayer of Jabez and I suddenly felt so inspired to lead a righteous, God-fearing life. Woohoo!! So excited. I hope I get the "job" as a back-up singer. Better than being in the church choir (it has always been my dream to be in the church choir but I never did anything about it). =)

We also talked about lots of fantastic plans for the future. Haha so excited!!! :D

We wanted to go out and buy notebooks and files for sermon notes after cell, but Dao was out when I got home so I couldn't borrow his Popular card. (Anyway, I realised on 18/7 - okay this is a backdated entry - it is 19/7 today - that I had a 15% discount voucher from NKF with me!! Bleah) In the end we didn't buy any of those. Went to look at shoes instead because Mole wanted to buy shoes. Haha...

Okay. I am just more fired up for God now. Looking forward to my next cell meeting. =) Glad that I took the advice of my pastor to join a cell group. =)

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 23:11:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home