Friday, 1 July 2005

An Account of SWAPS Camp 2005

Congratulations to my juniors who are finally done with their cts!! Play hard now!! :D

Before I start on this, let me just type something that I hope will not get me into trouble with the traffic police (okay now you all should know what it is about haha). Earlier on this morning at about 1000 something, I was practising on my father's car and driving about my neighbourhood because I wanted to improve on my gear-shifting (which is, sadly, quite bad actually) and make myself drive in first gear (thanks to the circuit) without jerking the car so as to impress my tester. Moreover, I must NOT stall the engine anymore. I didn't today!! Yay!! Even during "turbulent" times!! Haha!!

I drove a few rounds and then, then, just as I was turning out of the blocks 224 and 226 carpark, A POLICE CAR DROVE PAST. Both my father and I got so nervous. However, he kept asking me to remain composed and drive as usual. And I did!! Haha so happy...they didn't suspect us because they were not even looking at me. Haha...

However, after I turned out and went back to the vicinity of my block, I started panicking even more because I was afraid that the policemen would drive over to intercept us and that would be it - I will never get my licence...I was so panicky that I didn't even bother to stop at the stop-line in case the policemen catch up with us or think I am a learning driver (even though I really am) and anyway, qualified drivers don't stop at stop-lines!! Then, as I was trying to turn right into my carpark, a taxi driver drove out from Peicai Secondary so I had to stop. I stopped too late because I had to swerve in after the taxi passed. Think I stopped too late because I was concentrating on the taxi and was so nervous thanks to the policemen. That's a problem I have to correct too - not let my nervousness affect my driving. Aargh. After I stopped the car in my carpark, I got out and immediately ran home, in case the policemen come over. Haha...other people feel secure when they see policemen but I panic. So, don't ever break the law okay? Haha...

Back to the camp. Actually, Anna has provided a lot of details in her blog so I don't think I will write so much in case I end up boring my readers. Haha.

I would like to apologise if I sound too bitchy and mean...

We were supposed to meet at Kent Ridge Terminal at 0900 and I thought I would get there at 0700 plus because Dee was fetching me, but in the end, since his shift started at 0900 that day, we ended up going to the hawker centre near AC for his breakfast. (I ate at home) And I drove in his car for a while. Haha. After all, the new car will be arriving in approximately a week's time and I won't get a chance to practise on his manual transmission car again...

At about 0830, he fetched me to the Kent Ridge Terminal. We had problems finding it because it was so out of the way. Thank goodness I had brought along a map. Haha. When we finally found the place and I alighted, I walked cautiously to the bus-stop at the terminal because the anti-social me was afraid of interacting with the other campers and the facilitators...thus, I hid behind a pillar and message Anna and Hong Juan to appear less stupid. Really, my hand phone saved me. Haha.
Hong Juan finally arrived and it was only then that I dared to step out of my haven. After all, I had to meet her and she had to pass by the two facilitators (Yong Qi and Ming En) who were supposed to meet us. Not long after that, Anna arrived too and I have to admit it was really awkward for me then because the two of them didn't know each other. Actually, all this time I was really worried about this issue because I would be caught in the middle. Thank God it was resolved. Really. You've gotta trust Him to bring you out of all this and I'm really thankful it turned out this way. You see, Anna and Hong Juan ended up in the same OG and I was not in their group. Isn't it better like this? To be honest, I was sad that I couldn't be with them but was relieved at the same time. Thus, I didn't feel as bad even though I knew no one in my own OG. Strangely. Must be God at work again. =) My group is the green group and we called ourselves Wasabe. Pun with wasabi, huh? Actually it was wasabi, I think; Oliver suggested it as it is green too. Then somehow it evolved into "WasabE" perhaps because of Clement's (Anna's SP ;)) suggestion of this "What's up, babe?" cheer...haha...
My group is much smaller than Anna's (no wonder we lost. Sigh.) and only has eight campers. Six girls and two guys. Girls: Weihui (who was my best friend in the whole OG), Amanda, Bhavna, Farah, Priscilla and I. Guys: Kyle and Oliver. Kyle and Farah are from Business. Actually we had thought Kwee Ting was one of us, but she turned out to be a senior. Some boliao thing that they did to try to pass off seniors as freshmen to trick us...haha...Facilitators: Bee Tze, Don, Chang Yi, Yunxian, Karina (Dear Daniel? Haha...), Su Teck and Kwee Ting.

I got a single hostel room at Eusoff Hall. A416. Hmmm. A number that contains '6' again.

Our meals were always packed in these transparent plastic containers that are able to withstand microwaves. This is for Chinese food. The rice takes up half (horizontally) of one container and the remaining half is the rest of the food that accompanies the rice. Each box usually has so much vegetables - even more than what I eat at home in one day haha...so imagine how much fibre i obtained from my meals at the camp =) Needless to say, each meal is about twice what I eat in one meal at home too. Haha...however, I could finish all the food!! I feel bad about wasting food you see. Think it was also because I ran around so much during the camp so I managed to have more capacity for food (= energy). Haha...

We didn't do very well for the station games. I like the one with the chairs because all of us had to rely on each other so much to prevent ourselves from falling. Too lazy to elaborate, and anyway Anna has all the details. Haha. However, if I am not wrong, we did very well for the war games!! Got the most points I think. This is because we won almost every game we played then. Shows how much team spirit we displayed. Haha...and, I think my performance was not too bad. haha this rarely happens. :P By the way, is Diana Ser the host for Get A Life! (or is it Get Rea!) in Channel NewsAsia? (Pardon my ignorance; think the faci asked me "Get A Life")

The war games are the wet and dirty games. Dirty does not mean they used mud and all like my camps in PL. They actually used food!! Quite a waste, huh? Haha but actually when I saw that it was food I felt better because, what is the food kind of dirty as compared to mud? Nothing, man...haha...hmmm...my favourite game was...perhaps the passing of the wet sponge one with various body parts, because there was body contact ( at the neck to neck one). Oops did I reveal too much...haha...

After all that, we had to take OG photographs. Our photographer throughout the camp is this senior called Zhisheng. My OG decided to have dinner before showering as we were really behind time and most OGs had decided to shower first and it was no point wasting our time through queuing anyway.

We still ended up behind time. Everything had to be pushed back...

It was after dinner/showering that we found out about our "fake" freshmen friends. Each group had one fake freshman...haha.

Then, we gathered in our facilitators' rooms for the making of our emblem in preparation for the Amazing Race at Sentosa the next day. We had some problems because Yunxian's room had no electricity. Some of my group members' rooms had no electricity too. So weird...thank God mine had. =) In the end, we had to go to another facilitator's room to do it.

Kyle came up with the whole idea of the emblem. Partly Farah and Don's idea too, but Kyle did the most work for the idea. And to think he said he failed art...haha...our emblem looks like a shield with a collage background and a big green "W" (erm.) in the middle with a salmon sushi (hmmm there's a name for this but I don't remember what it is) on top. Only the "W" was painted and the rest was just collage. Haha.

During this, we had our rendezvous thing. So scandalous, I know, but it was fun. My identity is "Cheese" and my SP is "Ham". (Okay I am getting goosebumps again) Even though my SP (secret pal) was quite weird. I find him weird anyway. Even though his testimonials on Friendster claim that he is a great catch and a cool guy. I was the last one to go (we were called out one by one). Let me describe my experience.

First, I was blindfolded. Then, the faci (okay shortform for "facilitator" - I can't take spelling it out anymore) made my SP hold my hand. Nice hand to hold haha. Don't misunderstand huh. We were led, blindfolded, to a facilitator's room and made to sit down on a bed. The door of the room was kept open and there were facis with us because they were not allowed to close the door or leave us alone. Cannot have 孤男寡女共处一室 what. Haha. It's a rule anyway. We had to hold hands while talking too. :P On the way, he kept asking, "Are there any cats?" and the faci had to assure him that there were none. Weird, right? So while we were talking in the room, I asked him if he is afraid of cats. He said he isn't and was making sure there were no cats because his friend had tripped over a cat earlier on whilst she/he was blindfolded.

Ham has quite a nice voice and came from SRJC and ACS (B), is going to major in Psychology, is a Christian, stays in the East Coast, goes to Christ Methodist Church, likes thrillers, Dan Brown, LOTR, Star Wars, hates A.I. (??!!), is not into serious relationships and is weird. Haha sorry for being so mean. I think it's just the way he talked. (Anyway, the fact that he admitted he is not into serious relationships turned me off. I admit too that I don't think I am the sort who will have serious relationships, but at least I will try to make my future relationships last. Admitting that sort of thing shows that he won't bother trying) While we were talking, some facis in the room tickled our hands and he said, "Stop it!" loudly. Wah cannot be more sporting and gentlemanly meh? (pardon my Singlish) He also kept saying he could see a little (shadows) through his blindfold and could recognise the faci from her accent (at the time I thought he was referring to me but I found out during the dinner that he wasn't). Okay...

After a few minutes of awkwardness, the ordeal was finally over. We were led back to our rooms, still blindfolded. And then they let me regain my sight outside the room where the rest of my group was and we continued with the emblem. That done, we had to return to the function hall for a speed-dating session. Heh. Again, fun but scary. And hot too. We were all given forms to record the names and contact numbers of our "speed dates" and indicate in a third column if we wanted to keep in contact with them. Then the females were made to sit in front of a candle each in the dark portion of the hall.

There weren't as many guys as girls so some of the female facis stepped in to be our temporary "dates" . Thank goodness I was one of those who got the female facis first. Would be so awkward if I had had guys throughout. From Yvette, I found out that I had gone into her room for the rendezvous thing and we have this sort of thing for the camp because, all because, SDU (Social Development Unit) is one of the sponsors of the camp! Okay...:P

The first male speed date whom I got is Shaun Ong, the secretary of the camp committee. Seriously, he is quite nice. He left me a totally different impression from the one he gave me when I first met him while handing in my form on 21/6 with Hong Juan. I had thought he was a quiet guy who doesn't like to talk much but whoa. He talked so much to me during the few minutes we had that night. Then we exchanged contact numbers (wrote on the list) and he said it was mean to indicate that we didn't want to keep in contact with each other right in the person's face, so he ticked the column for me. Haha.

Second was Xiang Meng. Ours was quite an awkward session because we are very different. Don't really know how to explain. But I almost wanted to cross in his column. Then I decided not to be so mean. :P

Third was Clement (Anna's SP!!!!;)). He is majoring in Social Work and straightaway proclaimed himself as an outdoor person so I knew he was her SP when she told me what he said to her. I'm so smart right? Heehee!! And, I guessed my SP's identity and got it correct too!! Oh gosh I'm so smart...(sorry I'm having another bout of narcissism rush because I am still so thrilled that I managed to guess correctly like I always did with my angels. Guess I just have a flair for this ;))

After this, we had to hand in our lists. For what eh?...

Anyway, it's a good thing that the speed-dating only lasted for a short while because it was SO WARM. We had a murder mystery after this. The story goes like this: there is a serial murderer about and he had already taken five lives. We were told about the details of the victims' deaths and had to go about gathering clues so that we could guess the murder's identity from a row of eight suspects. However, if we went to the wrong places, we would be "killed". Each group was given two lightsticks that were lifelines. Every time we had to search for clues, only two people could go and were given a lightstick. If they were touched by the killer, they would be considered dead and if they hand over their lightstick, they would regain their lives and can run back to meet the rest of the group. If they run out of lightsticks, too bad. They cannot return to us and have to be brought to the Central Forum because they are "dead". We were also warned not to be so violent towards the killers (you know, like if you are scared, you might hit the killer in self-defence).

Oh yeah before this, I met Mole!! I was so taken aback that I gasped loudly and my group members turned and thought I had seen something scary. She was at her law camp and was blindfolded and seated, leaning on the wall. I had wanted to call her and did. Whispered though, because I think I wasn't supposed to disturb...and good thing I stopped when she didn't reply, because when I looked up, I saw this law senior who gave me a look that said, "Sorry, you aren't supposed to do that..."/"I hope you are not trying to disturb my campers...". After that, she told me that she had been blindfolded since 2100 and doing lots of stuff blindfolded. Poor things haha...

Imagine doing this in the middle of the dark, quiet night. The time then was already 0100 plus. (I forgot to add that were were split into different groups - not the OG one. Girls: Jin Xian, Chin Han, Diana, Michelle, Kitty, another girl who is called Kitty as well for short and I. Guys: Brendan ( I think that is the spelling) and Choon Lee (by the way he is the one who reminds me of Benny, Mole. And he is from Anna's OG). Again, I didn't know any of them because I was the only one from Wasabe. Oops sorry. I know Kitty!! She's from AC and is Yishan and Hong Juan's friend. Haha. Our faci was Kimberly.

There were six stations. At each station, we would be given a clue and a pair would have to go and find the other clue. At our first station, Choon Lee and Kitty went together and the other Kitty and Michelle went together. There were two places to go to you see. Not long after that, Choon Lee and Kitty came back with the second clue. Theirs wasn't very scary, according to them, because the place they were supposed to search was bright. However, the other Kitty (okay I shall call her Kiti) and Michelle had a different experience. They went to the wrong venue and were accosted by a killer. They had gone to this DARK male toliet and stepped in while holding the door open and saw a masked person (= killer) and were killed. So we only had one lightstick left and one less clue. Haha. The both of them didn't dare to go on any more tasks after that.

At our second station, Jin Xian and Brendan went. They took a very long time!! When they came back, they told us what had happened. Apparently they came across this "ghost" who was holding a headless doll and singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Then, she kept saying, "Where is my head..." They hadn't known what to do actually and I think Brendan was rather violent. They were supposed to find the doll's head and bring it to the ghost. Don't remember what he did. But they both didn't get killed and brought back the clue safely. Jin Xian said it was rather scary though.

At our third station, it was my partner, Diana, and my turn to go. First, we had to answer a true-false format question about one of the victims' height. If we had answered correctly, Kimberly would send us to the correct place to find the clue. If our answer was wrong, then...we would be sent to the place with the killer. Heh. Somehow, Diana and I knew that we had answered wrongly, so we prepared ourselves to run. We were told to go straight and turn left to the female toilet. TOILETS...I used to be afraid of them. Now...okay lah...haha. But still, I couldn't help being scared because I had listened to the experiences my group members had gone through and was influenced. However, being the third pair to go had its advantages. After listening to others' experiences, Kimberly told us many other stuff that the previous pairs didn't know. Like how those with the masks or painted faces are the killers and we should run immediately if we see them because by then we should know that we have been sent to/gone to the wrong place.

Diana and I approached the toilet cautiously. It was SO QUIET. Bright, though. Still, the dead silence itself was scary enough. When we rounded the bend, we saw two facis standing outside the toilet. I think the one who directed us in is Ying Yan. Can't really remember if it was her. We later found out that she was there to help us find the place we were supposed to go to because during the trial run, the facis themselves couldn't find the place.

We slowly pushed open the door...it was totally dark. Obviously, since they were out to scare us. We didn't dare to go in and hesitated for a while. Just as well too, because suddenly, the mirrors reflected a masked face that popped out from one of the cubicles - and we knew we had gotten the wrong place!! Which means we had definitely answered the question wrongly! Even though the person was wearing a mask, Diana said she could tell that the person had a "why so long one?" look on his/her face. We took off immediately haha.

When we returned, we described our anti-climax experience. I was relieved we didn't cause our group to lose one more lifeline haha.

At our fourth station, Chin Han and Brendan (I think) went to look for our fourth clue. I don't really remember how it was like though. So weird. That is the only one I don't remember.

At our fifth station, it was Kitty and Choon Lee's turn to go again. Suddenly, we heard some "clanging" sounds. Kimberly, who had been watching, asked us to go over because "[we] don't wanna miss this". As we approached, we saw two facis at the top of the stairs and they asked us to retreat. Kimberly asked if we saw what she had wanted us to see. None of us did - except for Jin Xian. She said she saw a killer dressed in a black poncho coming down the stairs...and you know what? Kitty and Choon Lee were at the foot of the stairs trying to open a lock with a big bunch of keys to get the clue!!

The "clanging" sound was...I don't know what it was for actually. But following that was the sound of dropping marbles, and as the story went, before any victim died under the hands of this serial murderer, the sound of dropping marbles was heard. Remember - it was late at night and so quiet and dark...moreover, Kimberly admitted that she thinks this is the scariest station.

Think I can't stir up the atmosphere that I had experienced that day haha.

Anyway, Kitty and Choon Lee came back safely with the clue, and Choon Lee said he didn't use the keys at all because none of them fit. (They ran back hand in hand ;)) Think he was too nervous because one of them is supposed to fit. You know how he opened the lock? He pulled it open! Haha he said he used to play something like this with his friends in secondary school and is thankful for the experience. Haha.

Actually, Kiti and Michelle were supposed to look for the clue at the sixth station, but like I said before, they were still recovering from their experience, so they didn't dare to go. Think Kimberly could sense it too, because she asked Diana and I to go since our experience was an anti-climax. i.e. we were not scared by our experience and ought to be scared at least once since that is the aim of the game.

We did go even though we were reluctant to because we didn't want to be spoilsports. We had to answer another question. Not sure if we answered correctly though. Our task: take the lift to the seventh floor and search THE WHOLE FLOOR except for the lift landing. It didn't help when one of my group members said the seventh floor is very big. At night leh. I must emphasise this okay...

We were given a decoder and a light stick.

It was so silent...we took the lift up to the seventh floor and steeled our hearts for what was about to happen.

The lift door opened.

We found ourselves staring at a wall. No choice but to move out right...we held hands and moved out slowly. We didn't have to search that big an area after all because some chairs were used to block the entrance to another place that would have led to a larger area of the seventh floor. However, we saw so many classrooms...

Okay. We figured that it was late at night and the classrooms would most likely be locked. So we didn't bother trying to open the doors. Then, we saw this fire hosereel door that was slightly ajar...Diana was the one who had spotted it actually. We didn't know whether to open it or not but in the end we decided not to. In case. Haha.

We then saw this dark room with glass doors. The door was open. We slowly peeked in because that was the only place we hadn't seen. There was an eerie green light reflected on the wall...and...there was someone humming a song...

The moment the humming started, we ran out. Diana and I were both scared, but we couldn't possibly run back to the group without the clue, right? That would be so cowardly! In the end, I told Diana that whoever was inside is human anyway, so why should we be so scared? (I still am proud to have thought of that haha) So we slowly made our way in...

The room is shaped like the letter "P", just that the rounded portion is rectangular. We had to enter by the bottom left part of the "P" so we could not see into the room from outside. (The door was located at the bottom left part of the "P")

Then, we saw a luminous green arrow on the whiteboard at the furthest end of the room. When we got to the rectangular part of the room, we saw someone at the corner rocking and humming. She stopped and said, "Come and play with me..."

Haha Diana was funny. She said, "No thanks..." whenever the "ghost" said that. At first, we thought that the arrow was to direct us into the room behind the wall because there is a door next to the whiteboard. We pushed it...and it didn't budge.

"What is my name!!!" shouted the ghost. We turned around and saw her pointing to the board. It was only then that we saw a code in numbers on the board...and remembered that that was what our decoder was for.

The nembers looked like they were written in a shaky hand, but obviously they weren't. It was just to create the illusion that a ghost had written it and they look scary like this anyway. We tried to decode it...and this stupid code didn't mention where there were spaces. Thank God I had my pen with me, so I wrote out the coded words on my palm. When we got "Andre", I said aloud, "I bet it's 'Andrea'." Turned out that it was "Andrew". And when we got to "k"...

"HURRY UP!!!!!!!"

I jumped as I turned around. Really. And shouted too. The low-pitched kind though. So disgusting. My voice is too low lah. Haha. Well anyway. Diana appeased the ghost by saying, "Okay, okay..."

We quickly finished under the light of the light stick. I was so scared that my "e" in the last word became some illegible scribble haha. But I still managed to remember it was an "e". The name: Andrew Koh Jia Wei (haha see? I still remember)

The ghost then handed out the clue. "Come and play with me..." she said, and held back the clue when I was about to take it. I was at my wits' end. Then I thought of something.

"Give it to me and we'll play with you," I said in a slightly shaky voice (scared what!). Then the ghost held out the clue as she said, "Really?..." and I grabbed it and we ran. Whoa. I was so scared and was concentrating so much on the front - the bright side - that my body was leaning too much forward as I ran and so I fell forward on my knees. My weight was on my left knee though. So it was scraped raw as I fell. Ouch...it still hurts now okay...


I realised in the lift that the clue was torn at the edge because the ghost must have held on too hard to it as I grabbed it and ran. Thankfully the part that was torn off was just the blank space on the paper. Or we might have to return for the other part of the clue...

The person playing the ghost must have been laughing like mad at us. Aargh. Whatever. What matters is that it is over and I am actually glad to have had that experience. Lets me have a story to tell haha...

Turned out the murderer is Shaun Ong. All the groups guessed correctly!! =)

By then, it was already near 0300. I was too excited by what had happened earlier to sleep...and so I ended up messaging Mole (she also could only sleep at that time) and talking to Anna on the phone for...thirty-nine minutes and a few seconds. Had thirty minutes of free talktime anyway. Haha. (Anyway, when I looked at the words I had written on my hand later, they were so shaky that they looked freaky and I had to scrub them away so that I wouldn't be so scared whenever I saw my palm. Made the edge of the nail of my thumb permanently blue. Had to come home to trim it.) In the end, I went to bunk with Anna because I really was too afraid to sleep alone. :P


On the second day, we got up at 0700 to the sound of the alarm from Anna's hand phone. Actually, I did get up a few times in the night (morning? haha). Then I got out of her room and met Hong Juan, who said she also didn't dare to sleep alone last night and asked us why we didn't tell her about the bunking...oh no...we really didn't know she didn't dare to sleep alone...so we agreed to bunk together that night.

Breakfast was a chocolate Gardenia bun. After that, we had a subject and CORS (Centralised Online Registration System) talk. Sadly, I was so tired that I was half-asleep during the talk and only managed to find out that social work is very fufilling, to be a good psychologist that earns much you would have to take postgraduate studies for six years (which means TEN long years of school) and it is singularly difficult to bid for modules. Especially the psychology ones.

Quite wasted that I didn't really get to find out much. However, it helped me decide what I want to major in already. =) Partly.

After that, we went to have a very early lunch. At 1000 something!! I could still finish my lunch though. Haha...we also used the time to brainstorm for our parody. Not exactly actually...just brainstormed a little. I forgot to add that Farah and Priscilla had to go off for work, so we were two members handicapped that day. Six left. Haha.

Next was the Amazing Race at Sentosa. We raced to get there by various means. Eg, walk, by cab, bus, etc...(like who would walk? Haha)

We took bus 10 with Banana. If only we had caught the bus that was leaving...

We were, I think, the last group to reach Siloso Beach. Had to build a sandcastle with a moat that would stay for at least five seconds. That was the difficult part...we had to try many times before we succeeded.

There were eight stations by the way. I don't really remember all. Read Anna's blog for the details haha. I remember this station though. It is my favourite. It's the one where five group members are supposed to do one task each in two hundred seconds. We were the first group to reach and were friendly enough to not use our privilege of holding back the other groups by ten minutes. I chose the third task - to eat three slices of lemon as fast as possible. Think it is the easiest. Haha. Each of us had to memorise and recite a rhyme too. Mine goes:

Lemon like sugar tastes so sweet
Give me more lemon I wanna eat
Who says it is sour must be sick
Lemon lemon oh so sweet

Haha so stupid. Lemon is SOUR! Haha...oops I'm not sick okay!! Haha...

We couldn't complete the tasks within 200 seconds for three times, so we had to do them FOUR times!! And so I ended up eating TWELVE slices of lemon. That means all the slices on the paper plate. But it wasn't too bad. They weren't that sour really. But my group members pitied me a lot. Haha.

Anyway, Anna, we all allied against Brown (Rocher) because Gene, the SWAPS president, is in it. Haha...

For Anna's benefit, I shall describe the stations after the trash and splash one because they did the fast forward of finding this man called Mr J. Ang in Sentosa. And emerged the winner. Heh.

After that station, we headed to Palawan beach to dig for our clue (in a green envelope) that was buried in the sand. With our hands. There was a square boundary so that we would know roughly where to dig. Three members would dig while the rest try to prevent them from being hit by water bombs. I was one of the diggers and also the first to "die". But I still returned to digging with my feet with the "blockers". Haha. So stupid. The boundary was so big that we couldn't find the clue!! In the end, one of the mischivous facis, Xiang Meng, had to help us. And what help he gave. He told us the wrong location so many times! And before that he kept throwing water bombs at us - SEAwater bombs I mean. Yuck. No wonder my neck was so sandy after that. :P

We took a very long time to find the clue, but Banana took even longer.

Our last station was at Siloso Beach again (the clue that we dug out was a picture of our sandcastle!! Which means Siloso Beach, where it was built...haha...), where we had to walk on paper plates widely placed from one another on the sand as a group. Before that, we were advised to do this forfeit to get all the paper plates or something. It is an Indian dance that requires two to three members to participate. Kyle and Bhavna did it haha.

It wasn't easy. Like I said, the plates were so far away from each other and at any time, no foot must touch the sand, at least one foot had to be on each plate and three feet on one plate was not allowed. Lots of stretching was required because we had to try over and over again due to some people's feet ending up on the sand because the plates were really far. It was especially difficult to put our feet together from the stretching position. But we still managed to complete it in the end. =) Heehee. That is the reason behind my aching legs though. :P

Then we made our way back to campus to shower and change into our formal clothes for the SP dinner. Aargh...I was dreading it. I had actually brought a shirt and skirt, a maroon dress and a black dress (both Mum's) because I had wanted to see what everyone else is wearing first. I ended up wearing a dress because I promised Bhavna and Amanda I would do so. Wore the black one because I looked funny in the maroon one. Looked funny in the black one too because it is too big for me but at least I looked better in it as compared to the maroon one. And I wore my white shoes too. Didn't make-up or anything. You think prom night ah?! Please...it's so not me...

Felt so weird though. The girls were made to sit first at the tables of MUNCHIE MONKEY (yes Anna) restaurant. Then, the guys were brought in in batches of eight to say out the identities of their SPs and then perform some kind of sexy dance together before they were allowed to sit with us. And...YES!! I guessed correctly!! Haha it was Kelvyn from the blue group (Power Smurfs; Elaine's group too!! Haha) indeed! I'm so smart right?

You know what he said when he was asked to say out my identity? "Cheesy name called Cheese." Lame...

He gave me this love mug with the picture of Mickey Mouse playing the piano and Minnie Mouse clapping and being enthralled by it. I feel very guilty when I see it now...because I am so mean to him. :P

Let me tell you how I guessed. First, I quite like his voice yah. But the way he talked turned me off. Anyway, I matched his voice to his face somehow. I had noticed this faci called Rayner Goh at first because he is also an ACsian and found that Kelvyn resembles him. So I noticed Kelvyn too. Then put his voice to his face lor. It matched. Then at Sentosa we were on the same bus and I found out his name from his name-tag. Heard him talk too. So...of course man. That confirmed everything. That simple.

Haha I know I was very mean during the dinner. Didn't really want to talk to him so he had to keep initiating conversations. Then...aargh. Don't wanna repeat. But he did ask for my hand phone number and email address so as to ask me to his church in East Coast. As if I would go...I don't even know him well...haha.

After that we had our parodies. Our group acted out the funnier scenes from the murder mystery of the previous night and called it "Frightless Night" due to the inspiration we got from the stories that we had heard. Actually, we had wanted to combine Lost and Eye For A Guy to call it Lost For A Guy but changed our minds in the end. Haha.

Ours was a really last minute thing. We somehow managed to scrape through though. And got quite a lot of points too!! My role was so extra. Should have said something like "stupid idiot" at the end. This is because I was supposed to be the partner of this guy and we had to find a clue together like the murder mystery thing. He was boasting about how he wasn't afraid and I had to give him a disgusted look. Then, the ghost would start to sing "I'm A Barbie Girl" (is that the title? Haha) and he would scream because he is afraid of the song, not the ghost. And she would stop and he had to say, "That's better," and I was supposed to act like I think he is a total idiot. Think I didn't manage to convey it bacause as we were walking across the stage, he led me such that my back was facing the audience most of the time. Aiya so wasted. I am great at giving disgusted looks. I think. Haha...

At the end of our performance, we all screamed together. Don't know for what either. Haha.

After everything, we took OG photos again on stage and left to go out. As in we had OG supper outings. Almost everyone went to the nearby cheese prata shop so our group went to West Coast's Macdonald's. We walked there. Haha. It isn't that far after all.

Turned out that the Macs there doesn't open for 24 hours after all. It closes at 0100. We got there at 0059 and the staff there still let us in. Haha...we ordered and got out after chatting for a while. I found out that Amanda stays in Simei, Weihui Woodlands, Kyle Serangoon (haha!) and Bee Tze Jurong.

We then chatted for along time at West Coast Park while sitting on the ropes there. Erm. Don't know what that is called. But my derriere hurt a lot after that. We talked for so long because we were waiting for Don to join us from a half-hour meeting that stretched to two hours. Anyway, we ended up talking about the murder mystery (a.k.a. Fright Night) and Bee Tze recounted a story from one of the facis. Turned out it was that of Brendan and Jin Xian haha. She found him very violent. Then Amanda repeated her story of going with Kelvyn - now did I mention that one earlier on? Hey!! I didn't!! Haha. Let me tell you now. Apparently, they had gone for the same station as mine and he had SCREAMED when he saw the ghost. Amanda had to tell him to shut up haha. Then after they finished decoding, he snatched the clue as well as the doll from the ghost and ran to the lift. He got into the side with the buttons and shouted, " Close the door! Close the door!" Haha. The ghost ran after him because he had her doll and he PUNCHED her as he was trying to push her out of the lift! Then he realised that she was after her doll so he threw it out. WITH THE CLUE. Haha...then he had to run back to get the clue from her. Haha...so retarded...haha...Amanda ended up laughing all the way from the seventh floor to the first floor. Haha...poor faci who acted as the ghost though. Think it was Shiyun.


He had also insisted on doing almost all the tasks because he said he was very tired and doing them might help to perk him up. Act cool...

Don finally arrived. Man I was so tired I almost fell asleep while the rest were talking. After a while more of talking, we walked back. I met Anna and Hong Juan who had just finished their game and decided not to bunk with them as I was so tired and knew I would be able to sleep. So did Hong Juan.

*Yawnz*

I also met Choon Lee on my way back to my room after I finished washing up. He had to ask me for my name because we didn't introduce ourselves actually. I had found out his name from Anna. He's quite a nice guy haha. And he was surprised that I was sleeping so "early". It was already 0300 plus at the time!

I was really tired. Fell asleep a few minutes after I lay on my bed.

On the third day, I got up at 0759. Was supposed to get up at 0800 because we had to meet at 0900. Haha.

After washing up, I packed my stuff and stoned (no! I ROCK!) for a while. Then Anna messaged to say she and Hong Juan wanted to disturb me. They came to my room and we crapped. Then Bee Tze knocked to say that our group would be meeting at the bench, so we got out. After the whole group gathered, we went to the function hall and....(okay I'm too tired to elaborate now...go read Anna's blog...the time now is 0104 okay...) after some stuff, we broke camp. By the way, the ribbon-tying ceremony (we had to tie a ribbon to that of the person beside us and say how we felt about the camp; then each of us would receive a the knot we had tied when the ribbon was cut) is a tradition haha. Our group was supposed to go to Holland V for lunch, but before that, we had to go with Oliver to OSA to settle stuff and Farah to Yusof Ishak House for her medical check-up. Seems that we have to pay $25 for that. Arrgh. I thought it is free. :P

Bhavna didn't go because she wasn't feeling well. Weihui and I decided to skip it too in the end because we were too tired and our bags were so heavy...turned out that they ate at Munchie Monkey in the end! I found that out from Kyle while talking on MSN later.

And that concludes my camp!! The most fun camp I have ever attended in my life. Really. Haha... =)

Oops sorry I said I wouldn't write so much but I still did in the end. Haha...

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 14:06:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home