Sunday, 28 June 2009

Brief Update

Hey all! Sorry for the late update. So much has happened this week that I'm too lazy to blog. Haha.

Anyway, I just happened to remember a quote that a new friend I made at work told me about:

The best use of life is love
The best expression of love is time
The best time to love is now. =)

I thought it was really meaningful and decided to share it here =)

Ok let's have a quick update about work since I'm here. Haha.

23rd June: had registration in NTU, travelled all the way there to meet at 0900 only to end early, at 0940. Then attempted to look for the Students' Affairs Centre to hand in my hostel application form, but that place was situated at such an ulu place that no shuttle buses pass by there; you've to walk in some distance from the bus stop, and the shuttle buses took so long to arrive! I was carrying a heavy bag, the weather was very hot, I didn't have a proper map of the place and the bus frequency was so low. I thus decided not to save the $0.25 postage fee anymore and went straight home to have dinner with my family at night. Haha.

And I saw to my utmost horror that I had been posted to Serangoon Secondary. Not trying to be mean, but neighbourhood schools are usually hard to manage and probably have evil staff. Sigh =(

24th June: Had 2 briefings on this day - one general, and one on English. There wasn't any briefing for Chemistry, oddly. It rained heavily on that day and that made me want to stay at home even more =( Because it was raining, I couldn't walk directly to the Nanyang Auditorium from the bus stop and had to walk the sheltered way; yet not being an NTU student is a great disadvantage in this NTU maze. So I got lost. While referring to the (somewhat) useless NTU map given by NIE and trying to figrure out where I was, this kind guy walked over and asked me if he could be of any help. I thus asked him for directions to the auditorium. He gave me the directions, and then I went on to help others who were as lost as me and asked me for help. Haha. Still didn't manage to make friends though, as no one seemed interested to stick to a person for the day.

Sunshine was on off that day, so I thought he'd want to relax at home. But I was pleasantly surprised when he asked me out for a movie. =D He'd offered me some cheer when I was feeling so down!! Super anxious about Monday. Sigh =(

The lecturer for the English briefing let us off 35 minutes before the stipulated ending time, so I got to meet Sunshine at Causeway Point. The movie we'd wanted to watch was starting soon, and we rushed up to get tickets. But there was a long queue -_-" Grrr. We didn't watch it in the end and walked around instead. Went to make new glasses for him and then went to his house to watch Monsters vs Aliens online. Haha. Met his teacher friend on the way there and chatted, and she told me I look like someone who will be bullied easily by my students =( I hope not =(

25th June: I went to the wrong venue by mistake AND out of ignorance. The list had said "Teachers' Network", but how on earth was I to know that NTU has a branch in Grange Road if I'm not an NTU student?! So I went straight to NIE only to find out that the venue doesn't exist and I followed this group of girls who were equally lost, to crash another class instead.

I'm glad I crashed this class because the lecturer was really good =) And through getting lost, I got to know 2 new friends =) I think I wouldn't have made friends if I'd gone to the right venue. Haha =P

26th June: Went back to the same wrong venue with my friends because the lecturer told us to come back. Haha. Met Sunshine for dinner later that evening, and it was something to look forward to =)

Okay, now I just have to "look forward" to tomorrow when school starts. Oh, and I just realised that some people in my class had gotten the date of Youth Day wrong...it's on Sunday 5th July this year, and Monday 6th July will be the school holiday. Thank goodness I'd still be around to enjoy it =P Haha. So I won't have a free day after all next week =( Argh never mind, it'd be something to look forward to, and a holiday on Monday will make the week seem shorter haha.

Hope all my friends are doing well looking for jobs and working hard at work too!! =)

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 14:52:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home