Tuesday, 9 June 2009

The Necessary Evil(s)

I'd wanted to do one of the most evil things in friendship I'd ever done in my life to this person, but I guess she did it to me first, so I don't have to do it anymore. I'm relieved of the burden, and I think so is she. It's good for the both of us and is thus a necessary evil.

Been thinking about my last days recently. In the past, I could just see work as a temporary relief from the boredom of staying at home and the pain of not having enough money to finance my numerous outings with friends, but when work got too draining, I could always tell myself to look forward to my last day there. Now...=(

Sorry if my complaining about having a job bothers those who have not found one =P

I've divided my days ahead for the next 4 years into a few segments, namely:

  • 1 week of admin in NIE
  • 1 month of teaching at some secondary school (and if the principal approves of me...)
  • 1 year at NIE (and perhaps some teaching too)
  • 3 years of full-time teaching

In other words, my potential "last day" is in 4 years' time. Not saying that I will quit - I mean, I cannot even think of quitting at all in the next 4 years, because if I do, there goes my bank account. Haha. It's just the loss of freedom in this area that bothers me, because I really don't know how it'd be like working there.

Not being able to take leave on weekdays is restrictive too...=(

On the plus side, I'd be having a (possibly) guaranteed job for 4 whole years. And who knows, I might really like my job. Haha. Okay, I shall keep thinking like that to make myself happier =P

(Argh I thought my new comment platform works. It actually doesn't. Sigh)

Anyway, don't you think work takes away time that can be spent with your loved ones? Yet, if you try to imagine a world where no one has to work, and money does not have to be earned, you'd find a world that either doesn't exist or is in chaos. And a lot of lazy bums too.

In other words, work is also a kind of necessary evil. With work, we'd probably cherish our free time and time with loved ones more, as well as appreciate our parents (who had worked hard to earn money to bring us up) more, and so on. With work, the 'evil', we'd be able to define what is good. (Or should I reverse the order? Hmm =P) It's also where we can build character as we struggle to maintain a work-life balance.

Of course, I may have been too optimistic here, since there are many people who turn cynical when they experience the ugly stuff at work. But what really matters is how you turn the ugly stuff to your advantage (ok, I have to give credit to someone for this point) and learn from the experience.

Okay, ganbatte ne SH. Remember not to lose your passion, always try your best to make time for your family and friends, as well as yourself and God. Work isn't that horrible after all ok? Remember that it is for the best =)

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 12:02:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home