Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Random Log

Did I mention that my new laptop arrived two sundays ago? That was on...Sunday 22 March 2009 =D

Okay, I just managed to send a photo from my phone to my laptop via Bluetooth...so cool!! =D Here's a photo of my laptop:
Haha okay, the resolution isn't that good =P Too bad my camera can only send via infra-red! That technology is way backward now. Hmm.

After not having blogged for such a long time, I really have lots to say. Firstly, I got a job! As a teacher, which means I'll have to "do presentations" every day. Hoho. I hate doing presentations, but I shall choose to see this as a challenge. Being at a disadvantage compared to other people because I now have one more challenge at work is something I must not allow to faze me. If I can overcome this, I'd have improved! =D

(Sorry, I'm a very lousy person so such trivial stuff are actually improvements in my personal dictionary. The following stuff may make your opinion of me even worse, but who cares. I must learn to not let what others think affect me =D)

I was just offended by a friend who likes to call and talk, then shift her attention elsewhere at random when something more exciting comes along. This just happened today, and as she had done this to me many times before and have observed her doing this to other friends, I couldn't take it and SMSed her to tell her so after an abrupt hang-up that she didn't explain (it was because of an incoming call that she had). At the same time, I tried to tell her that I was doing so also because I was helping her improve. Which is the truth.

She called back later, mistaking my SMS for scolding her for interrupting my studying, which she did, but that wasn't what I was offended over! I had to clarify my case, and after that she decided that she is just that kind of person and no one else has complained about this trait of hers so (this is in my words) she doesn't think she would change. That's alright, it's up to her really, and I will just try to get used to it.

But she persisted in her misunderstanding and said stuff like she would try not to call me next time, and focus 100% of her attention on me when we talk. -_-

Then she went on to say that I should watch the way I talk because I tend to be very tactless. Hmmm, am I? Okay, the "mutual friend" she had complained about this to agrees. I guess I can get very tactless at times...especially if I am provoked and my limits have been stretched. Because I believe in saying frankly how I truly feel if I can no longer take it. Minus all the hypocrisy. So if I'm angry, I really show it. Low EQ =P

Some of you who are reading this may never/rarely have seen me roar my head off, but I've done so to some people who really irked me. If you've never seen it before, it means you have either never offended me to that extent, or are a very nice person indeed. Haha. Because I have high tolerance for irritaing behaviour usually. Don't worry, most of you reading this are whom I deem nice people =) Those who are "not as nice" don't even know I have a blog...

Anyway, I asked her what exactly I had said that made her complain about my lack of tact to a third-party, but she insisted that it was over and she didn't want to bring it up. Oh well, there goes a chance to try to improve.

I also told her that I prefer her to tell me personally when she's upset with me, instead of complain to a third person because I think that would ruin the third person's impression of me. Okay, I've changed my view of things. I think complaining to others is what most people do and it's normal, so I've got to live with it (even I do it sometimes). But it would also be good to tell the person in question what you are upset about in a matured manner, if you really mean well for the person. Unless you have decided that this person is too much for you to remain friends with him/her, you have the duty to help him/her improve and thus should tell him/her what you feel.

Okay, that makes me less of a hypocrite, because so far I think I've told everyone all the negative things I think of them if I have complained about those negative things to others. But then again, I seldom complain about other people to mutual friends. I try to keep negative thoughts about others to myself because like I mentioned above, I want to be fair to my friends and let new people know them on a neutral rather than negative basis. Moreover, mutual friends should also be given a chance to form their own impressions of the person.

Enough ranting. Look at what Dee and I made for Dao today:

Haha, we made this from scratch! =D Not ideally nice, but still not bad =D Dao's birthday is tomorrow, but too bad he is away at a camp and will only be back on Friday. Actually, I think Dee wants to make another cake on Friday and today's was just a trial. Haha. I'm looking forward to it!! =D

Labels: , , , , ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 14:28:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home