Friday, 14 November 2008

Love and relationships

After reading someone's blog about the pains of unrequited love, my first thought was that he can really write very well.

My next thought was that he must have felt very sad. Really, although his post sounded like his usual self-derogating tone, there was a tinge of sadness to it that hinted at the melancholic sink of his heart.

As a friend, I wonder if I could ever help him to recover from this pain. But often, we choose our own paths, and it is only we ourselves who can get back on our own feet.

So...just want to say to you (I'm sure you know who you are) that I'll always be there should you need a listening ear, and offer any help that you may need, but you and only you are the only one who can choose if you want to climb out of that dump!

=)

Unrequited love doesn't necessarily have to be in the romantic aspect. It could be friendship, familial love, etc. too. Reading his blog reminded me of someone who must feel like him at the moment.


Moving on to another point, I had been pondering on my take on love and relationships of late, and realised that one word never fails to occupy a full-time position in my dictionary - chemistry. What attracts me to someone is this special feeling I label as chemistry, and for us to have any progression in our relationship, we must put in as much effort as we can into it to sustain the chemistry. With the sustained chemistry, we would both be motivated to put in more effort into the relationship.

And the cycle goes on.

What spoils my relationship with anyone at all is when the chemistry dies off. And it's hard to explain how that happens, just like how it's hard to determine whether it's the chemistry that sustains the effort put in or vice versa.

And it's hard to get the chemistry back. Or, in the first place, I'd wonder if we have deceived ourselves about there even being the existence of this chemistry.

Perhaps there was, but it was so little that it died off even before it could give rise to more.

What I just illustrated is probably a very unbiblical type of love, but it really is the way I see relationships subconsciously (which I managed to bring into my conscious after a talk with myself. And ok, I'm weird). It's only with this chemistry and whatever else that would make me sacrifice for the people I love, go through thick and thin with and defend them (as) fiercely (as I can =P).

There must have been equivalent mutual attraction in the first place.

Labels: , ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 12:59:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home