Thursday, 13 November 2008

Big Bad Woo + List of things to do after the exams

After all the vicious things I said I felt like indicating in the online student feedback about Dr Matthew Woo, I decided that I should not be that bad after all. Here's what I typed:

Please comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the module, and suggest possible improvements.

I think the group essay presentation was superfluous as the teacher had meant to give us the five marks for it anyway. I feel that he should either do away with the presentation (because it was at a time when I also had to prepare for presentations for other modules, which had higher weightage) or allocate more marks to it. Moreover, the essay content will not be tested, which makes it quite a waste of effort eventually.


What are the teacher's strengths?

He jokes in class sometimes and effectively lightens the mood. Also, he uploads his slides early, which makes it easier for us as students to get the notes ready for class.


What improvements would you suggest to the teacher?

He is noticeably biased towards some students who are relatively good-looking and coincidentally, girls who can speak well. He only remembers both their names and this is considerably demoralising to the rest of the class, who may feel left out. This is especially so for my group and I, whom he had once appointed to do a class demonstration and subsequently forgot about us when he chose us to do a second class demonstration in the same seminar while he said beforehand that he wanted to choose a group he had not picked before.

I understand that it is sometimes difficult for teachers to not show favouritism towards, especially, students who perform well, but he should at least try to watch his behaviour. I am personally very affected by biased teachers as I have had one other teacher who was similar to him, before.

The above description is not exhaustive as there have been numerous other instances in which he showed his bias. It is not possible to list every single one. I hope he would try to improve in the way he treats his students.


This wasn't that bad after all right? Haha. I'm not that bad a person okay =(


*************************************************************************************
Just to motivate myself to study, I came up with a list of things I want to do after the exams!! Haha!!

  • Classify photos
  • Develop photos
  • Record SMSes
  • Do up resume
  • Look for jobs
  • Learn how to invest, and invest too
  • Plan for Japan trip
  • Plan for Bangkok trip
  • Bake, bake, bake!
  • (hopefully) go on holiday with my family
  • Go on a one-day trip to JB with Sunshine
  • Buy a dress for new year!
  • Experiment with my newly acquired Photoshop CS3 =P

Okay I'm very excited now =P

Labels: , ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 18:57:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home