Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Hell

There's this quote in the NUSSU diary that I think may help the NUS people who are trying hard not to drown in the perpetually stormy sea of projects, essays, mid-terms and presentations. And the list is not exhaustive.

If you are going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

NUSSU. (2008). NUSSU welfare diary 08/09. NUSSU Welfare Diary, 29, 1-the last page.

Gosh, that came from the top of my head. APA citation. I have cited so many papers that I can memorise the format. Hmm. Nonsense.

Anyway, this quote came to my mind because Dao had asked me about the wisdom tooth surgery I had five years ago for Meigui. Seems like she may have to go for one soon. Hmm. I tried to recall my experience partly from the diary account I had written and also from one of the letters I had written to Anna then.

Next, I started wondering how on earth I got so much time to detail such stuff when I was in JC - I wrote quite a fair bit in my diary, and maintained letter contact with Anna for a really long time since that time when she helped me get over someone. (We have not written to each other for so long since the last letter that I don't remember who is supposed to reply now =P)

After that, I concluded that it must be because life in JC wasn't as tough and busy as life in uni. Especially in the honours year. Whoever said life in uni is way easier than life in JC must either be crazy or lying.

Then, the quote came to my mind...and so did Sunshine. He's having a really hard time at work now because of the financial crisis now and his so-not-understanding boss. So basically, he's going through hell too.

Whatever it is, don't give up, all of you who are going through hell, near hell or worse than hell! Fool included =) (I know you are very stressed by FYP! ) Just keep going with all that you can =)

Oops, I hope I helped in some way or another. Ok, spoiler. =P

Labels: ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 22:57:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home