Saturday, 15 December 2007

Some gossip to jot down...before I forget =P

Went for Kim and Char's 22nd birthday party yesterday at Char's house. Technically speaking, I wasn't invited; Sunshine was, and had asked Char if it was okay that I came along, like I did last year (because she had invited her guests via SMS and she doesn't have my number). Of course she said it was okay. It's ME you know =P Haha kidding. I'm not that egoistic.

I sent Char a cake on Facebook, and she replied on my wall, saying, "Thanks for the cake! Remember to dress up! :)"

Their party theme was "Once upon a time..." I was worrying about what to wear, and Sunshine then reminded me of my get-up for Yi Shan's party - a princess! Muahaha. So I went as that. Sunshine went as...Bruce Lee...but he looked nothing like him. =P Of course he didn't manage to convince the party hosts of his outfit, and was made to choose a prop from the wide selection they had there. He chose a golden crown to match my silver one! =) So I became queen for the night instead of princess because there was already another princess. Haha. (But too bad that he got teased for being a frog-turned-king/prince. Haha. Lalala. =P)

Anyway, I have two things to mention here:


1. I got a job, so I won't be as free anymore. Will be working till 31 December 2007. To those who badly want a job, go to the JTC branch of Recruit Express! They are very efficient. Haha.

2. What I learnt about the seniors at Kim and Char's party as well as the "new" friends I'd made.

With regards to item number 1, really sorry to Anna about yesterday when my consultant made me go down immediately to sign my contract and you had to accompany me in the heavy rain even though we were supposed to spend the afternoon at my house watching anime :(

I realised that I will be working for 9 days instead of 10! Haha. Not too bad. Hmmm.


About item number 2, oh. That's a lot. First, Sunshine and I talked to Lin Yen and found out that she's working as a part-time life guard at an American club now and JUST GOT INTO SIA AS AN AIR STEWARDESS.

I mean, can you believe it? The Lin Yen who is so NOT guniang and yet not boyish (she manages to maintain such a perfect balance between the two. I'm envious. =P) has become an AIR STEWARDESS, of all occupations!! And the most incredible thing is that she had applied for the position thrice and was rejected twice (duh. If not, she won't have had to apply three times for it)!

Farah, Justina, Sunshine and I had fun listening to her and teasing her yesterday. Haha. But it's really cool that she got my dream job...(not many people know about this)

But oh. The pay is so low. =P And they discard employees who get old and ugly, which is a natural process of life, but this industry refuses to acknowledge it. Not something I would like. All I admire is how elegant air stewardesses look with their immaculate neatness and fuss-free uniforms, whatever they may be.

*Read: SH may be in the process of reducing her cognitive dissonance at the moment*

Anyway, thanks, dearie, for telling me that you would let me have the chance to be a passenger instead of serving others, in the future =) (Not like I've never been on a plane, but that's a really sweet thought to cheer me up =) )

Secondly, Kim wants to be a police officer! Her mother's one and she had borrowed her mother's police uniform for the party and dressed as Inspector Barbie, not forgetting a blonde wig to complete her get-up. Haha. So cute =)

Thirdly, Justina has quit her job as a HR...something (=P) to apply for NIE. She will be attached to a school now before heading for NIE, I think.

End of gossip. Haha. Next, let's talk about the friends I made! I got to know Sheena (whom I've really not met before), Farah, Wan Tsin, Shiyun and Shaun Goh (whom I've seen around in SWAPS camp and school but never gotten formally introduced to). Towards the end of our (Sunshine and I) stay at the party, Char, Wan Tsin, Shaun, Sunshine and I retreated to Char's room to play a game called "The Gift Trap", which is basically about how well you can give presents to your friends and how much your friends understand you to give you the gifts you want.

Obviously, I was at a disadvantage, since I didn't know any of them well and neither did they know me well enough. The results proved me right midway through the game. But guess what? Shaun and I won the game. Haha.


What does this prove? That sufficient knowledge about your friends is not necessary to win the game. Haha.

I feel fat. :(

Labels: ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 17:11:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home