Selfishness
Have you ever encountered relationships where you don't know what the other party wants? And as a result, hurt and selfishness take over and steer it to destruction?
I have. Perhaps not destruction, but at least near it - a state of unfathomable hopelessness, unspeakable despair.
But I have emerged unscathed from some, thank God. :) And in my states of revelation, I managed to learn something - giving is more important than taking away.
Somehow, this lesson can't stick with me in all my relationships with people. That's because one can get tired with all that giving without any sort of appreciation in return (for me, a simple "thank you" or some sort of attention would suffice). I guess that basic human instinct of selfishness would continue to reside somewhere in me and take control as long as this happens.
I feel like I'm getting eaten up by it though. Stupid exams. Quick end so I can start doing something about it. :(


Post a Comment