Wednesday, 24 October 2007

My New Lift!! :D


These are photos of the interior of my new lift!! It's right outside my house, and makes things so safe and convenient for me now. I don't have to worry about crooks tailing me home and attacking me along the long, dark, usually empty and quiet corridor on the way to my house from the main lift lobby.


Fewer people pass my corridor now too, and thus it's so peaceful now. Alright, with the exception of the beeps of the lift whenever neighbours alight at my storey, and the footsteps and voices of
Posted by Picasa
weird people whose destination is at the other end of the storey but who stubbornly choose to use the new lift.

Haha. I was referring to two contractors today who were going to a flat right next to the main lift lobby but who kept using the new lift because their lorry was parked at a carpark lot near it.

Anyway, back to those photos, which are the focus of this entry. I took them on Wednesday actually, not today, because that was the day the lift started functioning!! I think. Had been sick since Sunday and wasn't well enough to check on the lift so I'm not sure. Oh, but that's another story. Depressing, really. It's terrible to be sick. Debilitating illness that nearly ate me up. I felt worst on Sunday and Monday (which was why I didn't go to school. Almost did. Glad I didn't in the end, or I would have died there, I'm sure), and quite bad yesterday as this heck of an illness makes me extremely prone to motion sickness. These two combined, plus an annoying stomach pain due to excessive air and threatening diarrhoea almost took my life as I was travelling home from school yesterday (another story). I mean it. I was having breathing difficulties on the bus and started imagining myself getting sent to hospital...

Alright, enough. Didn't I say that was another story? Silly me. I actually sidetracked and told the story! Bleah =P

Okay, I shall try to stay on track this time. The photos are of the doors, Mum, the lights and the buttons. Haha. Dumb photos yeah. I had taken them with my hand phone. You must be wondering now what on earth Mum has got to do with the lift or what she was even doing there in the first place. Haha.

Relax. I will tell you now. That fateful Wednesday, I got home from school, glanced at the lift, and decided to check it out (as I always did). When I got there and saw that the word "MAINTENANCE" was gone from its display (it was there for ages!), I almost couldn't rein in my excitement and was about to shout home that the lift was working before thinking to myself that if it was a boo-boo, I'd most certainly be laughed at so...I decided to test it. I pressed the button and...heard sounds emanating from the lift shaft as my touch brought it to life! Hoho. When the lift doors opened and I heard the welcoming beeps, I couldn't wait anymore and rushed home to blurt the good news. Mum was just as excited as me and came out to take our first ride on the lift.

Yes. Very retarded. Imagine two full-grown adults rushing out of their home just to take a ride on a lift as if they've never seen one before. But hey, it's a new lift we've been looking forward to for over a year! Haha.

We rode all the way to the first floor, I stepped out and looked around to make sure it was really the first floor, and then we rode back up again and ended up right outside our house. Wahaha. So fun.

Okay...till the newness wears off and all...haha...

It still hasn't, obviously. Mum was a little unhappy about "her" lift this morning when she heard those contractors transporting their stuff up and down via the new lift and was concerned that they might damage it. Haha.

Anyway, Mum WAS looking at the camera when I was taking the picture! Just that I/my phone camera was too slow or she was too quick in turning away, which resulted in me only capturing her cheeky smile (for my sake) but not the front view of her face. Haha.

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 22:57:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home