Thursday, 4 October 2007

Abnormal Psychology Endurance Test

I just had the worst test in my life!

Don't misunderstand - I'm not referring to the paper. I'm referring to embarrassing handphone vibrations, stomach growls and a leaking nose.

First, I met Anna and walked into the LT with her, happily forgetting to eat my lunch before my greedyt stomach starts growling at 1200 sharp (it always does that and sometimes, it may even start growling before 1200!), settled into my seat next to Ah Per and talked to Karen about a video...

Alright. You don't have to know all this.

The main point is that not long after I started the test, my handphone vibrated with the message that was sent to it. Thank God I'm not someone who sets their phone on sound mode even when out. Yet it was still embarrassing because I'm pretty sure the people around me heard it!

It vibrated not just once. (Conclusion: It must have been Sunshine with his Internet sms...) He could have chosen a better time to message. Okay fine. It was my fault for forgetting to turn off my handphone (I've a good mind to go back to how I was like in the past, turning my handphone off so that people cannot disturb me whenever they want to) before the test.

That done, the next few minutes found me lost in the paper (in the good sense). This bliss was broken by…stomach growls. GRRRRR (“pun” intended), reminding me of my uneaten lunch. Argh!! They went on throughout the whole test, and my attentional resources were further depleted by my leaky nose, that started doing its magic shortly after the growls.

When I finally couldn’t hold in the mucus anymore (sorry if this sounds gross, but too bad, you are already reading this) because my nose was blocked and my best efforts to hold in the mucus were limited, a little trickled to the front of my nose and I hurriedly reached into my bag for a saviour.

NO TISSUE!! Gosh.

I had no choice but to wipe it off with the back of my left index finger. Yucks…I know. I had the exact sentiments.

This went on till I felt some more mucus and I wiped my nose with the same finger. It was simply too much…I had to consciously prevent it from dripping off my finger onto somewhere else!

Too late. A drop had gotten onto my question paper =P

Sometime later, Anna passed me the class roster that we all had to sign to indicate our attendance. I passed it to Ah Per after signing it and she had difficulty passing it to the person “next” to her because of the projector thing (I’m not sure what it’s called =P) in between them. She indicated her difficulty to me and I told her to pass it to the people sitting behind us. Not long after, Prof Hayes attention was caught and she signaled us to pass it back…in Anna’s direction. It was then that I finally got the chance to ask Ah Per for tissue, and that became my saviour for the rest of the paper.

What a test. Was it more of a test for abnormal psych knowledge or endurance?

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 15:57:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home