Wednesday, 26 December 2007

Christmas Morning...+ the rest =)


Happy Boxing Day to all! Had fun unwrapping all your presents? ;)

This year, I had one of the best Christmases ever =) On Christmas Eve, I had lamented to Sunshine that I usually feel Christmasy during the days leading up to Chris
tmas itself, but on that day, all traces of the Christmas mood leave me and I feel very empty inside.

It could be that I didn't spend my Christmases the right way - with God, with friends, family, and so on, and that was why.

This year, a miracle happened. I actually managed to stay in the Christmas mood the whole day!

Firstly, in the morning, I woke up earlier as Christmas service was earlier, at 0830. I had the whole atmosphere to myself - in the sen
se that I was the only one who was awake and taking in the panoramic view of the scenery outside my house, as well as indulging in the immense peace and serrenity of the morning (because no one else was awake, remember?).

As I sat at the table eating my breakfast, I looked out of the window and saw this:
















Then, I walked closer to the window and took pictures of the beautiful sky - God's creation, that reminded me of His presence and how much He loves me =)

Following my breakfast, I got myself a little late to m
eet Mole for church - but she was even later, so I went in first to look for a seat. Good thing too, since almost all the pews were filled up by the time she arrived.

Service was really unique this year! Instead of the usual skit of how Jesus was born, they put up a funny skit that at the same time reminded us how much we should make Jesus the focus of our lives rather than fill it up with meaningless activities like shopping, FOR INSTANCE, that takes us away from the real meaning of life.

For more details about the funny skit, you can ask me =) I will tell you as much as I can remember =)

Mole looked very elegant this year! Simple and e
legant =)

On the way home, we ran into Aunt Betty at the bus-stop and ended up talking to her till Mole and her bus arrived. I then walked
home, did my quiet time, had a nice lunch with my family (everyone was present! A miracle! :D) and went online for a while...till Anna called and Sunshine came.

Sunshine and I spent the afternoon watching TV and then playing Monopoly on computer - his surprise for me! Because I had told him before, that I like the game =)

Dao has gotten hooked to the game too. He, who had at first said that he found the game stupid and boliao -_-" Haha.

Oh, you must look at the present I gave Sunshine, nicely wrapped -




Nice little dove bringing blessings =)









Oh yes, I should also mention that Anna gave me something too =)


















My present for her:
















Later, I hurried to prepare myself for the PL Gang's Christmas potluck dinner at Pug's house. Jo had said that latecomers must sing a Christmas song for every 5 minutes' of impunctuality, and I didn't want to do that =P

As Sunshine had driven his brother's car to my house, he sent me to the MRT station =) Didn't ask him to send me to Pug's house because that pervert gets lost easily, erm, on car. Haha. =P

FOOL WAS THE FIRST TO REACH!! That late queen =P Can't believe she reached at 1655, 5 minutes before the stipulated time! Haha. Xiaobai, Drain and I reached next, but we didn't know Fool was already there due to a lack of communication, so we took an LRT ride around Seng Kang, reached Seng Kang again and there was still no one. Because, I forgot to mention, the NEL had some problems that day. Weird. Haha. So we did away with the song singing but still made Hui Zhi sing one in the end because she was the last one to arrive. Haha =P

After spending a long time reheating the soggy and cold food (a result of so much waiting), we finally got to tuck in. Wahaha. As we ate, we shared stories about others and talked about ourselves, horsed around a little occasionally, and even talked about bashing up someone who really deserved one. Haha. =)

The rest of the evening was spent watching TV, making funny commentaries, taking candid shots and act-cute shots, etc. It was funnnn!!! :D

On the way home, I also had a nice conversation with Drain and Xiaobai =)

And then, a phone conversation with Sunshine on the show we watched later that night and other stuff. Haha.

I slept at about 0325 yesterday. The latest I've ever slept! If you don't count the Sec 4 Farewell stayover where I was supposed to stay up but ended up sleeping. And even though I slept late, I was very happy because my Christmas turned out the most wonderful day out of all the days leading up to itself - I got to spend time with God, my friends, my family and Sunshine. More than that, much as I don't want to admit to Sunshine, I have to say that that late-night conversation let me learn more about my God, what I stand for and the importance of seeking His wisdom. =)

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 15:27:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home