Sunday, 1 July 2007

A Dare?

"Excuse me, is that a space suit?"

"No..."

"Oh, I don't know, but it looks like one to me. Is your father an astronaut?"

"No..."

"Well, you look as if your father had just been to space, gathered all the stars and put them in your eyes."

This Caucasian man had just tapped my shoulder and said that to me while I was with Fish at Borders today. It was...really weird...and I guess we were supposed to laugh, because at the end of it all, he tried to dispel the awkwardness after he still didn't achieve his effect when he smiled at us, by saying, "Well, I was just trying to make your day. Bye!"

He was holding a book called "Sex In Space" while saying all that to me, and the first question did sound a little offensive, so I thought at first that he was out to humiliate me. That totally ruined any capacity to laugh...all I could manage was feeble laughter that I had to cough out of my bare stomach. As he went on, I realised that that was a pick-up line, so my mood got better. However, the whole scene seemed too contrived and I therefore conclude that he must have been on a dare. Haha...oh well, I was glad to have helped him then (even though I felt incredibly stupid at the time). =)

Sort of. =P

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 21:42:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home