Saturday, 27 January 2007

War and Beauty

There's this 2200 show on Channel U that shows on weeknights called "War and Beauty". When I first saw its title, I told myself I would watch it, but of course, I don't always get home so early. Even if I were at home, I would either want to sleep early or still be studying and struggling to finish some chapter =P

Anyway, I do get to catch snippets of it from my mother's recordings. My study table is in the living room and so are the DVD recorder and TV, so when she watches it, I would get to watch it too. It slows me down tremendously (which is why I'm starting to appreciate studying in a tranquil environment), but I still allow myself to be, because that show really grabs my attention and it's a very complicated show that portrays politics in the palace. Alright this should probably end up on my reviews blog. But I won't get to watch the full show so it isn't fair to it if I write a review. I'm just penning my thoughts yeah? Haha.

The palace depicted in that show is a place I would would never want to be in. If I were living in that era and were (unfortunately) in that palace, I would die in a week's time. It's so scary because everyone plots against everyone and no one knows whose side to be on in case that person loses the Emperor's favour the next day and gets implicated along with the person he/she had been sucking up to. No one there is genuine towards each other. Even if I were to survive (although that is a one in zillionth chance because I'm too blur and stupid to know who's plotting against me and I'm also not smart enough to plot against others), I wouldn't want to live with such fake people.

*shudder*

Back to my online social cognition text :(

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 15:17:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home