Sunday, 3 December 2006

Funny Dee

12 November 2006

Just some stuff that I found amusing amidst the boring examination period… =P

I was studying at my desk (that is in the living room, unfortunately) after dinner as usual, and Dee passed by with a packet of mixed nuts that he had just bought. He sat down on the sofa (that is next to my desk), opened the packet and started eating the nuts as he watched TV. He started commenting that this packet had as few figs as the previous packet that he had bought some time ago…and suddenly, he stopped eating and said, “Hey, they might be mouldy!” and whipped out his magnifying glass to examine them…

!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha. My camera states that these pictures were taken on 12 November 2006.

The first picture is of him examining the fig and the second, of him in the process of popping it into his mouth after it passed his “examination” (Dee is weird; he likes to go without a shirt in the house when the weather is warm – it was rather warm on that day =P).

It wasn’t that simple. In my hurry to get that candid shot, the first picture came out blur, which was why I had a second one, but because he was already done with his “examination”, I didn’t manage to get another decent picture of him examining his nuts.

To my dismay, however, he stopped his scrutinisations! In a bid to get a proper shot, I said, “Hey! Do it again!”

He turned to look at me and seemed to be happy that he was amusing me…and said, “No.”

“Don’t you need to check the rest of the nuts too? They might all be mouldy for all you know,” I said, and couldn’t help laughing.

I think he started to feel stupid but didn’t want to admit it and just said, “No lah! Once is enough already.” Haha. Disappointed, I kept my camera and went back to my work.

After some time, he did it again! And I know he wanted me to see him doing it because he had first stretched out his hand and offered me a nut with a cheeky look. “Nah, do you want it?”

I had already brushed my teeth by then (yes I do that immediately after dinner sometimes) and was going to shake my head to indicate “no”. But before I could do that, he retracted his hand with an even cheekier look and started examining the nut…again! Woooo!! So I hurriedly switched on my camera to try to take the picture. But by the time I was done (and he seemed to know it), he stopped and ate the nut. Grrrr.

And this went on for a few more times until I gave up. Grrrr. So those two pictures are all I have. Haha. =P I deleted the rest because they are not as good as these first two. =P

2 December 2006

Mum, Dee and I were in front of the TV while I was on the floor in front of the sofa with my social psych text in front of me while writing down some stats stuff. Dao was at the back mapling. Haha. Suddenly, Mum said she has a company Christmas dinner on 15th December at River View Hotel. Then Dee said that he also has one on the 8th. Following that, he went to their bedroom to get his invitation card that is shaped like a star and when opened up, it looks like two stars holding hands (duh).

He sat on the sofa that is nearer to the TV and thus had his back facing us. I went back to my work…and suddenly, I heard him say, “It’s at the Ministry of Sound.”

I looked up, and he turned to look at me, as if expecting me to explain what it is. So I said, “It’s a club, etc…(oops)”

Then I kept emphasizing that it is a place for YOUNG people (oops). Haha. =P After listening to all that I had said, he said, “Oooh. Isn’t it part of the GOVERNMENT?”

-_-"

“I mean, it’s a MINISTRY isn’t it?” he went on with certainty, and I laughed till I teared. Mum saw me laughing and started doing so too (she laughs when others around her laugh). I got Dao, who wasn’t paying attention to us, to hear what Dee had to say, and he just gave a reluctant smile as he was highly distracted by his game. Chey not fun one. =P

Then I think he felt stupid that we were laughing at him, and the SYMZ (si3 yao4 mian4 zi3) him said, “Hmpf, I really think they shouldn’t use ‘ministry’. It misleads people! Tsk tsk.” And I think Mum also felt bad for laughing at him and supported him by saying that she finds it misleading too.

Haha. What a night. =P

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 13:13:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home