Tuesday, 3 January 2006

Freedom, where art thou???!!!

I had wanted to blog about some sad suff, but now I am no longer sad and cannot talk about it anymore! Haha. Now for the happier stuff...

My parents FINALLY bought an oven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since goodness-knows-when the old oven broke down, we have never gotten a new one to replace it...so yesterday, when Dee messaged me to say that he and Mum were looking for an oven, I was so happy!! Have been persuading them to get a new oven for a long time!! And I have also been wanting to try out new recipes (that require the oven of course) from Anna and my aunt for an equally long time but was just prevented from doing so by the lack of an oven! Haha!! So happy... :D

Went out with #1, #2 and #4 yesterday. It was my first time on the dragon trail (yes yes I am a lousy Singaporean)...thanks for the fun experiences people! And I finally know why PHY likes to jack #4 so much! Haha! #4 can just come up with such amusing stuff that makes her seem so blur!!

Anyway, here are some amusing stories. :P

Premier
Girl X was having a conversation about the plant, Dumbcane, with her friends one day. She was wondering if the plant really makes people go dumb.
Girl Y:Yeah, you do really lose your voice after eating the plant.
Girl X: Oh! You mean THAT kind of "dumb"?

-_-...

Deuxième
Girl X did not attend the GP lesson on For You Day(this day where the classes who participate have to dress up according to themes) in 2004, and was thus very lost in a conversation about this with her friends, Girls Y, Z and A, which unwittingly excluded her. They had watched the movie "Battle Royale" during the lesson because they had convinced their teacher to let them watch it because it is "educational".
Girl X: What is the movie about?
Girl Y: It's about this group of Japanese students sent to an island and made to kill each other. If they don't kill each other by a certain time, this collar that they have been made to wear round their necks will explode. And if they try to take it off, it will also explode.
Girl X: Oh...sounds like the **** (I forgot the name) show...
Girl A: Yah, just that this show is fictitious.
Girl Z: They really died.
Girl X: Huh?! They really died?
Girl Y (sensing a misunderstanding): No no, this is fiction, but they really died.
Girl X: But... ...
Girl Z: As in, they really died in the show, but this show is fictitious. (Girls Y and A also said something like this)
Girl X: Oh...!!!

:)

Troisième
Girl X was lamenting how she seemed to always come up with things to cause people to make fun of her.
Girl X: Yah, that time, during Math, when I told Boy B...
Girl Z: The "straight line curve" one?
Girl X, as everyone explodes into laughter:Yaaaah!!!!

:P

Anyway, I really dislike things that happen last-minute (alright this means I am not so happy again). Not just when I have planned everything nicely and something happens to disrupt my plans...

Perhaps that's why I like to be alone so much. Then I don't have to bother about how other people feel and can just do whatever I want to. Maybe that's why he is like this too. I finally experienced for myself a lot of things that I have never gone through before but gave advice to others about them, only to find out that my advice is not as feasible as I thought.

Oh yes one more story that I was reminded of yesterday. Got this from the 1991 or 1992 PL yearbook haha. DOn't ask me how I got them because my parents were the ones who got them and they probably did so while at the PLMGPS openhouse (if there was one and this is what it was called)...

The narrator is this wilful girl who was out with her parents one day. Her father was driving them home after a shopping trip in which she gleaned nothing because her parents did not want to buy her something she fancied (it's impractical). Thus she was sulking throughout the journey.
Suddenly, this heavy book on the dashboard (no idea what it was doing there) dropped to her father's feet and caused some discomfort. He asked the narrator to take it away, but she refused to because she was unhappy with him. Her mother tried to take it away but couldn't as she was too far away, so she could only plead with the narrator to do it because it affected the driver quite a lot. The narrator simply refused to do so to the end, and her father decided to do the job himself. He bent down to pick up the book while keeping his eyes on the road, but the book was too heavy for him to pick up with only one hand, so he took a risk by bending down and picking it up with both his hands.Then they crashed (somewhere).

Sorry that this story sounds so crappy when I tell it. The original is very nice haha. Anyway, the narrator's parents died in the end and she was remorseful all her life.

Hmmm I was also supposed to blog about the prank call to Daryl, but since it's on Anna's blog, you can read it there. Haha. And PHY was very generous on 31/12 after our class lunch! First, he gave each of us a present from Taiwan (he had gone there for training for a few weeks). Then Daryl, PHY, Anna and I went to Starbucks after the lunch and he offered to buy us a cake each! Daryl declined so he only treated Anna and I in the end. And later, he dropped us at Anna's house on the way home in his taxi. No, I mean, in the taxi he had hired. Haha. Can't believe this is PHY...Alicia, according to him, he has always been like this; he claims that we seldom go out with him and thus have never seen this side of him. Is this true???

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 15:23:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home