Sluts and Jerks
It is quite well-known that a girl who sleeps around is a slut. Both guys and girls would agree with that.
But a guy who sleeps around is seen by general society as a popular, charming man. Only the good girls see him as a jerk.
And even then, I'm sure there are some good girls who are so captivated by him that they can come up with all sorts of excuses to explain away his behaviour.
Like what the h***. It's so unfair. I'm not saying that people should stop seeing loose girls as sluts; I'm saying that jerks should be seen as what they are. Jerks. Or even, bas*****.
Next, if a man cheats on his wife because of what he claims as purely lust, is he justified in lying to his wife because he does not want her to be upset or leave him?
There is no objective answer to this because everything that would ensue is debatable, and it all boils down to my earlier muse on sluts and jerks.
A wife should trust her husband to be sexually faithful to her, but if the husband abuses her trust in him to sleep around to fulfil his spur-of-the-moment desires (assuming the wife does her rightful duties as a wife in all, if not most, aspects), should he be rebuked for abusing his trust, or applauded for his love for his wife (because apparently, he loves her too much to let her leave him)?
On the other hand, isn't he just a plain selfish jerk?
Note: I'm writing from the point of view of a female simply because I'm female.
Labels: frustrated, thoughts


Post a Comment