Friday, 17 April 2009

Weirdness + Knowledge

I like to eat raw pasta and wanton skin.

I know I'm weird. Haha. But I get a kick out of eating them somehow. Add to the list raw crabsticks, raw maggi mee, raw beehoon, raw vermicelli, etc...
_____________________________________________________________

Hmm. Today, I asked my mum a question based on my observations. Does she prefer talking to neighbour B more than neighbour A?

Her answer was yes, after a brief period of thought. She then explained that A is a housewife and has limited knowledge, whereas B is working and sees more of the world than A, so she has more conversational topics with my mum.

Which sets me thinking. It's important to keep oneself abreast of current events, other than what is going on in your own home. Who would care to hear about what your children did? Who is truly interested in what brand of detergent you use for your clothes, unless they are housewives themselves too?

I'm an exception ok. I am truly interested in what everyone has to say. This is just something I noticed about others.

That is one reason why I will never want to be a "tai-tai". I will continue to work and earn my own keep, make sure I know at least the basic happenings in the world, and be an independent lady =)

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 22:57:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home