Friday, 14 March 2008

A Lie in a Phone Call

Okay, so the person who seldom gets calls on her handphone just received another one today.

This woman was speaking Mandarin so I started to get a bit wary (what with all the hype about people getting cheated by Chinese nationals, blah blah blah), although she did speak like a Singaporean. There was a hint of foreignness in her Mandarin though.

I told her a lie. Bleah. I said my name is 李欣怡. She even got my name out for me by asking me if was written like that. I don't know how on earth I came up with that name, but whatever. Heh.

My reason for not giving her my real name was in case she uses that name against me in the future, like maybe, calling me "Miss Lee" some time later and saying that I am in trouble with the law, etc.

And well, if someone really calls me to ask for "Miss Lee Xinyi", I'll know that this person is someone related to that woman who had claimed to be doing some phone survey.

What a waste of money. She called me after 0900 and talked for 2 minutes and 27 seconds!! =P

(I'm not this calculative with friends who call; don't worry! =P)

Labels:

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 10:21:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home