The Tongue
The tongue certainly is a double-edged sword - it can build people up or destroy. I just experienced the destructive part of the tongue for myself as a victim, recently.
I didn't like the experience because it's going to make me more like one of those cold adults out there who refuse to trust others easily, but I'm afraid it did make me like this.
I've grown from being afraid to offend others to being more carefree around them, and then back to being afraid again.
What makes me even more afraid is the fact that people can speak ill of you behind your back, never letting you know what they did...
Sounds silly, isn't it? Being afraid of what I do not know and may never know about in the future. But I'm really afraid of how much human lives are intertwined with one another, with each person having the power to determine another's fate...
Sigh.
Labels: thoughts


Post a Comment