Reading Hints?
For a large part of my life, I never believed in asking people to do things for me or change for me, because I preferred them to change of their own accord or drop me little surprises just because they want to.
However, as I got older, I met some friends who preferred me to tell them what I want them to do. Saying out what I really wanted felt better as I realized that I could get what my needs and wants, in an easier and more straightforward way. However, at the same time, I felt guilty and very much dissociated from myself.
It just isn’t me to have to declare aloud what I like and want. Aren’t these things supposed to be passionately sought out by the people around you, be they your friends or family?
If you observe a person closely enough (if you are that interested in the person), you’ll be able to pick up subtle hints from him/her, and know what to do from there.
I have to admit that I am not very good at this, but I still managed to get by on this for most of my life. Haha.
Asking someone to do something really changes the meaning of what he/she does. You may get what you want eventually, but the feeling will no longer be the same…
I shall shut up about what I want from now on where possible, and just wither away in sadness if no one can read me :(
Haha no lah. There are many people around who can read me better than I can them, and I feel very warm inside whenever they can tell me what describes me and what doesn’t :)
Labels: thoughts


Post a Comment