My Midautumn Festival
I think Literature teaches empathy, in its own ways. (Oops I have no idea what this sentence was doing at the top…it’s been so long since the first time I wrote this…=P I just decided to leave it here anyway)
First thing in the morning was my SS Lecture, and I had to sit through two hours of a technical lecture on film. Haha. It was interesting though, and I have to admit that one semester of NUStudios did help a little. Just the slightest bit only, because I didn’t really pay much attention when BK (this very experienced senior) was giving his mini-talk anyway. =P
Next was social psych tutorial (with a 15 minute break before that, that Anna and I used up to walk to the tutorial room as well as relieve ourselves in the restroom). We had two groups presenting on two topics (one topic per group) and that took the entire tutorial, which was wonderful (because we didn’t have to do those stupid jigsaw group presentations). However, I sort of started to resent my project group (in general). I don’t specifically dislike anyone, but I quite wish that one of us could be more vocal. All of us are quiet…which isn’t very good. Alright. It is bad. Very bad indeed. Actually, I don’t mind this kind of group, because this means that I can take charge (heh heh heh *evil laughter*), but if the group has to do a presentation, then I would not be able to “survive” well in it because I can’t talk well and am shy (really!). Sigh. I hope our collaboration would turn out alright *worried*
After that was watching shows with Sunshine, and then we walked to West Coast Park to admire the moon and have mooncakes…for dinner. Haha. Before that, we combed almost half of West Coast Park looking for a suitable spot to sit down and admire the moon but couldn’t find any empty benches in the just-nice locations, so we settled for this minor path in the middle of nowhere. =P (Anyway, we couldn’t finish the mooncakes, and had them for dinner again the next day. Now I’m so sick of mooncakes =P) We talked about “some serious issues” that still cannot really be resolved but oh well, we can always try =P
On my way home, at about 2250, Mum got Dao to call me and at that time, I was on 105 at Buona Vista already, and said so. However, when I reached Toa Payoh, Fool called and said she was at Serangoon Community Park with Xiaobai, Jolene and Drain and they were playing with sparklers and lanterns. Haha…I decided to join them for a while, and thought “a while” wouldn’t last that long so it wasn’t really necessary to call home since I was so near home anyway.
When I got there, the four of them were playing with sparklers! Haha. Everyone except for Fool was scared of the sparklers that “whistle”. Haha. And they let me play with some…*touched* no.1. And then later, Drain wanted to let me play with lanterns before 0000, so she took out her Ultraman lantern (haha) and tried to ignite a candle in it…but while opening up the lantern, it caught fire!! She was so scared that she screamed and dropped it to the ground (haha…oops :X)…and was so sad after that because she really liked that lantern. She did not give up, however, and took out a pink lantern from another bag of smaller lanterns and tried to set it up for me (I said I would do it myself but she wanted to do it for me *touched*no.2).
I think Fool is mad though. When the first lantern caught fire, she got so excited! And then she kept asking us to let her burn a lantern…-_-“
Later, Drain, Jolene and I each took a lantern and walked around the park while talking nonsense. That was so fun…hehe…then we started saying how pretty the lanterns were, and at that moment, Fool said to me in a low perverted voice,”Don’t you think they’d look prettier while burning?” :w
Suddenly, crazy Drain said she wanted to try swinging her lantern 360 degrees and we all stood at a distance from her while watching the “show”. She managed to do it! Haha. Then she tried it with my lantern and it…caught fire, I think, and Fool was so excited. :w
After that, we all sat down at the path in a circle and started talking about…all things under the moon. Haha. A rat ran across the path behind Jolene while we were in the midst of talking and Fool and I saw that, so we pointed in that direction and said, “Hey! Rat.”
Jolene screamed in a high pitch that I never thought would be possible with her relatively low voice, and Drain and Xiaobai scrambled towards our side as well, while keeping an eye on that suspicious area. Just then, a couple walked past and we saw them looking bemusedly at us…oops so丢脸 =P Haha.
After a few moments when the commotion had died down and everyone had forgotten about the rat, we started noticing that everyone was squatting and Xiaobai remarked that she is unable to squat with her legs closed and feet flat on the ground because she would fall. We all tried doing it…and managed to. But when Xiaobai tried it, she really lost her balance…haha… =P
Then I don’t know how come the topic went on to…alright. I shan’t mention this in explicit detail in case someone still reads my blog. Haha. But Drain made a very funny remark. She said, “Why doesn’t his surname start with B? Then we can call him BBQ.” Haha…
We continued to talk while waiting for Fool’s father to reply her call and fetch her home, and I then got a call that ruined my mood…remember that earlier on, I had mentioned that I didn’t think I would be with my friends long enough to have to notify Mum? I had forgotten the time…and she called me to scold. Oops.
Sorry to my friends for having to leave early…but I had a really fun time that night, and thanks for helping me realise my wish of playing with sparklers and lanterns on Midautumn Festival. =) Thanks also to Sunshine for having mooncakes with me on that night till we both got sick of it =)


Post a Comment