Monday, 22 May 2006

Happy 53rd Birthday to Dee!! :D

Oh yes, I should wish Dee a Happy Birthday!! He just turned 53 today. Haha. And he doesn't look it at all. =)

Poor thing, he didn't get a proper cake. But then Mum bought a few pieces of cake for him and okay, actually, the whole family, to share. Haha. I feel bad for not getting him anything this year...Dao and I were supposed to share the price of the coffee cake that Mum was going to buy today, but I think Dee told Mum that he didn't want a cake, so she bought only these few pieces and so now I don't know who's gonna pay for what. Haha.

Just wanna say I really appreciate my Dee and love him very much. =) I know he loves me too, although as with most Chinese fathers, he doesn't ever express this verbally, but in other ways. For instance, he would drive me to school whenever he can and won't mind doing so at all. He gives me quite a lot of freedom as he trusts me (most of the time. Haha.). There is this thing that happened last year that moved me to tears (but it was also probably due to my depression at work). I don't like to eat after 2000 or 2100 (but then again it depends on my overall physical activity level for the day), so after having to work overtime last year, I messaged Dee to ask him to tell Grandpa not to cook my dinner. He replied me by asking me to eat a proper dinner outside and that it was not good for me to skip dinner (so smart. He knew I was going to skip dinner.Haha). This doesn't seem very much, but it means a lot to me. A pity that I didn't keep the message. He gets worried when I run too many rounds round the track, as he claims that I "get skinnier with each round" (something he never fails to say everytime we run together), which is of course not true, but that shows his care too. Haha. He also does not mind going downstairs to fetch me up to the house late at night when I am scared (alright I know this sounds stupid. But I have stopped being scared!! :P). He still doesn't let me drive his car alone, but I know that is because he is worried that I might get into an accident or get lost (seriously, I am worried that I might get lost too, because I am very bad at directions, though not as bad as some people :P) as I have shown on many occasions that I can get lost while driving. I still need him to give me directions while driving :P

He is very stingy (haha), but he is willing to spend more on me when it comes to food, books and miscellaneous lessons. Food, because...people who know me should know why. Books and miscellaneous lessons, because he likes to learn stuff and wants us to be like him too. I still have this photo of myself as a baby in front of a chess set. The chess set was in front of me because Dee was teaching me how to play chess! Per-...alright. Shall spare him the "pervert" tag since it's his birthday today. Haha.

Oh yeah. He doesn't mind me calling him "Pervert" or "Bian Tai" to his face either! Hahaha.

He would also willingly give up doing some stuff (sometimes) to let me do my things too. He lets me SMS on his phone a lot too...haha. Though he sometimes wonders how come I SMS so much. :P

And he is a source of entertainment too! It's so fun to trick him and laugh like an idiot while watching him not laugh and not finding it funny at all and to tell weird jokes that only I would laugh at and seeing the blank expression on his face. Hahaha.

Dee also tells me his opinions on life, etc (e.g. politics) sometimes, and it is through him that a non-newspaper reader (I don't really read the main page of The Straits Times - usually only read Life! and Digital Life, Mind Your Body and Urban) like me gets to know more about what's happening in the world. And there are also some stuff in the LianHe ZaoBao that is not found in The Straits Times that he tells or shows me sometimes. Haha. I know this is something he doesn't do with Dao... :P I ought to try to bring them closer together. Think it is more difficult now because they both misunderstand each other quite a lot. Sigh.

Haha. Enough of the sad stuff. Dee is a boring person because he usually does the usual same things when we are out and doesn't really like to shop, but he can also be fun (or is it "funny"? Haha) because he is super blur and says weird things sometimes, mumbles a lot but at the same time always boasts that his teacher used to say that he has great articulation and has funny antics (like that time when he bought WOMEN'S whitening facial foam, wrote his name on it, said it was his and told us not to use it). Man I think the facial foam incident is the funniest. Oh. He finally believed Dao and I, after so many years, that that facial foam is for women (he didn't believe us because the tube didn't explicitly state that it's for women) and he is using the men's one of the same brand now. Wahaha. I've still got the toliet phone call and the "point" ones to talk about, but it is late now and I think I shall go and sleep. Haha. Gotta work tomorrow! Gosh it is past 0000. I didn't get to post this on Dee's birthday! Bleah. Never mind, it is the thought that counts. Haha. Anyway, Dee won't ever read this, and that is why I am saying all this here. :P

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 23:12:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home