Friday, 17 February 2006

All In A Nutshell

This morning, Mole and I stupidly caught the second bus 105 at 0600 to school and reached the Buona Vista MRT Station's bus-stop at 0645 because Mole had to reach school by 0730. Aarghh. We had to wait TWENTY minutes for the first bus of 95!! But we reached school on time anyway.

I had my first Stats test today. I don't know why, but it brought back memories of those times in AC, where we would sit in the LTs and do our tests. Except for the fact that LT12 is so much smaller, and not all of us could afford to sit a seat away from one another. And that I felt so much less confident this time as compared to when I did my Maths tests...I still remember that time after one test when Uma asked me how I found it. I stuck out my thumb and smiled. And then I scored... =)

Haha. Those were the days. :)

After that was Genes and Society lecture. Anna and I usually have to rush to catch the shuttle bus to Science, but since we had the test today, we were let off half an hour early and so we got to stroll to the bus-stop with Dustbin.

We even reached the LT early!! Haha. I like to reach places early. Lets me have more time to do the things I want to do. I even got to STROLL to the washroom with Anna. On my way there, I met Eileen, who had spotted me first and was grinning and waving at me to catch my attention, Yvonne and Drain. Haha I think I met the most PL friends today because I got to meet Sex Bomb later. =)

After that, I went to the Science Library to look for a textbook, but all three copies of that book were on loan. :P In the end, I went to look for Mole after printing my Developmental Psychology notes with Anna (because the lecturer didn't upload his notes into the workbin the day before...grrr). We were supposed to take freebies from the Law Careers Fair...haha Auntie SH. But there were too few people at the fair for us to sneak in JUST FOR FREEBIES. Haha. Moreover, most of the people there were dressed smartly - lawyers. Hmmm. We did go and get a G'Earth notebook each in the end though, under the scrutinising gazes of the people at the counter. We purposely avoided looking at them, I think. That was so embarrassing!!

But my G'Earth notebook is so pretty. =) I was drawn to it the moment I saw it!! In fact, its colour attracted me so much that I didn't notice what other colours there were at the counter. Besides the green ones because Mole got a green one. :P

Oh yah. Mole also taught me a bit about laws while we were studying together. Let me regurgitate it here. :)

Statutes are Acts. One example is the Medicine Act.
When the Parliament proposes a law, it is called a Bill. After the President approves of the law, it will be called an Act.

Oh no. I don't think I remember the rest. Maybe that is why I am not in Law. Hahaha. :P

I got to make two new friends too. Lynette and Hui Ying. Haha.

Then, I went to LT10 at 1345 for my Dev Psych lecture at 1400 and met Anna, KK and CL at our usual spot - the bench in front of the lockers. After getting suanned and whacked as per normal (:P), we separated for our lecture and tutorial.

I still can't stand not being able to find a decent piece of research paper about gender identity and gender stereotypes in Singapore. I need it for my essay, and the dateline is NEXT FRIDAY.

After my lecture, we met up with KK and CL to hand in our RP forms (hurray! I finished my credits early this semester :D) and then walked around at the bazaar in the Central Forum. KK was supposed to buy a present for Amanda and I was NOT SUPPOSED to buy anything because I am almost broke but I still did in the end. :P Haha. Wonder how come I can manage to find something to buy almost everytime I don't intend to buy anything. :P

KK and I bought 2 pairs of earrings each (one pair was a free gift and one was for Amanda, so KK only had one pair for herself) and a skirt each. KK's eyes are really sharp, I must say. She actually managed to spot that kind of skirt even though it was folded!! I have been looking for this kind of wraparound skirt for eons ever since I saw Michelle wearing one. Don't think mine is as nice as hers but who cares. I found it! Haha.

Anyway, we went home (and hall) after that. On the way home, I suddenly realised something. I have been taking buses with the digit "5" regularly all my life! When I was in PL, I had to take 53. When I was in AC, 105. And now to get to NUS, I can take either 105 and then 95, or 156 and then 151!! Ahha!! What's with all the fives? Hahaha...

I also saw a female taxi driver. I know it seems ridiculous to mention this here, but this was actually my first time seeing a female taxi driver in the flesh. I even have her taxi licence plate number. SHC 2891 X. Wahaha.

Hmm I ought to go to sleep now. I have a very long day ahead of me tomorrow... :(

AC Fun-O-Rama tomorrow!! I hope it turns out fine. :)

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 21:16:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home