The Full Number Porting Process + The Loss of Some Memories
On Sunday 15 June 2008, I signed up for a StarHub line. The next day, I went with Dee to do full number porting. I had thought that the process would be immediate, but turned out that it isn't. I was told that I would still have my SingTel line for a week, and so I ended up having the luxury of using two phones for that long (I now know how Sunshine feels haha!). In a way, I was glad, because I know I would miss using my Nokia and SingTel. That week made my loss gradual and less painful to bear.
Yesterday, I got this message:
Thank U 4 signing up with StarHub Mobile. Yr mobile no. is scheduled 4 port-in request on 25Jun08. U'll get a confirmation SMS on port-in status once submitted.
24-06-2008
16:47:22
I thought this meant that I would lose the use of my SingTel SIM card sometime today, so I spent part of my breakfast time copying the rest of my messages that I want to keep. Later in the morning, though, I got this message:
Yr port-in request has been approved. Pls change to yr StarHub SIM after 6am tmr to use yr ported-in mobile no. Yr old SIM will not be valid by then.
25-06-2008
11:01:09
I wonder how it would be like when my SingTel SIM card is no longer valid... =(
The main point of my post is to tell you all not to message my SingTel number until after 0600 tomorrow. Because messages sent to my SingTel SIM card will be irretrievable after 0600 and I wake at 0705 on weekdays. Haha.
=( Goodbye, memories. I have tried my best to preserve you by copying you onto the phone's memory so that you will not be rendered invalid by the invalidity of my SingTel SIM card.
Sigh... =(
Labels: sad


Post a Comment