Social Anxiety Disorder + Mail + The Last Day...
Here's a very good example of my "social anxiety disorder" (that Sinvert might find interesting =P).
I was brought up to greet all my neighbours whenever I meet them. However, as I grew up and changed a lot externally, the neighbours whom I also seldom meet sometimes do not recognise me unless I'm with my parents. As a result, sometimes when I happen to meet them while walking along the pavement near my house for whatever reason, some of them may look at me weirdly if I greet them. After a few encounters (erm, about one or two =P), I stopped greeting them if I see them anywhere out of my block. =P
There is a man who lives directly above me, whose wife was my parents' matchmaker (haha what a coincidence =P). His wife is very friendly so I always greet her wherever I see her. Haha. Her husband is more reticent, but still reasonably friendly. He brisk walks at the park near my house at around the same time as me sometimes, and as I find it weird to greet him once and then ignore him for the rest of the rounds that I pass him (okay. This is because we go in different directions. That's another story), I just ignore him altogether each time =P I do that by hoping that he won't recognise me in my nerdy ponytail, pinned up fringe and specs, and every time we pass each other, there would somehow always be something elsewhere that attracts my interest.
One day, I was on my way to school, and had my hair tied up and was wearing specs (because it was the exam period =P). And then I met them at the traffic light junction...the wife turned around and greeted me in her usual friendly manner, so I greeted back...and I pretended not to see the husband =P
Don't get me wrong! I do usually greet him, but that day was different because I was looking almost exactly like the way I do when I go to the park to run. Remember? I usually hope that he doesn't recognise me while I run =P
OMG, that was so embarrassing. And now the situation has become irrecoverable =P I can only continue to avoid him =P
___________________________________________________________________
After a run at the park (and avoiding that uncle =P) today, I went to collect the mail.
Amidst all the flyers, I caught a glimpse of a black envelope with the words "Dazzling Summer Sale" on it. "It must be Mummy's mail from Robinsons," I thought.
That was the only mail for the day. After locking up the mailbox and arranging the flyers to hold them properly, I saw MY NAME on the envelope!! Yippee!! It was for me!! The only mail for the day was for ME!! (sorry I am crazy ya)
With slightly trembling hands, I turned over the envelope to peel open the flap...and saw these words on it.
LEE HWA JEWELLERY
Chey. I thought it was mail from a real person.
I left it till I got home, and opened it up, only to see lots of things that I can't afford. Sigh...
___________________________________________________________________
Okay, back to spending the last few hours of my last slack day. Sigh... =(
Labels: sad


Post a Comment