Two First-Times
I just had two new experiences in two days! Haha.
1. Get stuck in a jam at PIE for over an hour yesterday
2. Faint in church today
Experience number 1 was because of some trailer truck that turned on its side and caused the entire stretch of expressway lanes to be blocked. A concrete slab from its load was also flung over to the other side of the expressway in the process, so it caused a congestion on the other side as well.
Yeah, and a massive jam which left bewildered commuters like me confused about what was going on. When the bus I was on finally inched next to the electronic board which depicted the road situation that we were not able to see, in...about 20 minutes (from the time we were 5 metres away from the board), I saw this:
PIE CLOSED AFTER LORNIE ROAD
EXIT BY LORNIE ROAD
EXIT BY LORNIE ROAD
What on earth was that? I thought. How could it be possible that the PIE was closed without any prior notification?! Everyone on board was equally confused and the increasing coldness of the air-con only made matters worse. We were literally sitting in a freezer until a woman went up to the bus captain to ask him to raise its temperature. Well I suppose he couldn't feel the cold because he was very stressed by the unexpected road situation. Can't be blamed. Poor thing.
Dao later told me that there was a bad road accident near Adam flyover on the road heading towards Changi airport (that's the side I was on; I was heading home from Sunshine's brother's) and the accident had occurred around 1700, and had congestion had started from the Eng Neo Avenue exit (that's right). Goodness! It took so long?! I was stuck on the expressway from about 2140 to 2245...
After we got out of the sickeningly red mass of lights that defined the PIE for that night, everyone started wondering where on earth the bus captain would go to because we were supposed to exit via Whitley Road. He stopped by the road shoulder for a while as he answered a passenger's questions, and finally changed to the right lane to make an illegal U-turn. The whole picture was so cool, I tell you. Every single driver stopped behind this line on the opposite lane (okay fine; they had no choice) as the bus captain attempted to steer his long bendy bus round the U-turn. I don't suppose this bus was made to field U-turns, seriously. But he managed to do it without much difficulty! After a few turns and reverses, of course, because the bus was really long.
*applause in my heart* (too shy lah =P) But there were some people who clapped. They were too far behind for the intended recipient to hear it though. Haha.
He then headed straight back into the PIE again in the dunno-which-direction (he was risking it I tell you) and managed to exit by the right exit, ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE ROAD. (now shouldn't we have emerged by the opposite side of the road...?) To date, I have absolutely no idea how he did it. Okay, I am road-blind. =P
I had left Sunshine's brother's house at about early 2100+, and only reached home near midnight when I could have reached home at...2200+. Zzz.
Experience number 2 was the result of a foolish decision of mine to not eat the snacks provided in church at 1000+ after my choir rehearsal that had started at 0900 and a very early albeit full breakfast at 0700+ (oh yes I joined my church choir, and it is a wonderful decision. Really love singing for God once again, and I love the areas where we break into parts. Now we have a proper tenor group because there are guys! Haha... =P). Thank goodness I didn't faint while leading worship. I only fainted at the very end of service, after some terrible stomach cramps that were most probably...gastric. Zzz.
That was certainly an embarrassing moment. Bleah. Everyone gathered around me and helped though. I fainted twice (of which I lost total consciousness for 1s in the second), and there were two doctors who helped me, as well as some kind souls who gave me a sweet to suck on, and medicated oil to rub. I still have that bottle. And there was someone else who slipped a pack of sweets into my bag, and a friend who helped me pack and carry my bag. Eventually, one of my Choir mates sent me home. She specially went back home (which is next to my church) to get her car and drove me home. So nice...
I have absolutely no idea who gave me the sweets and medicated oil. Haha.
Conclusion: I am much better now. =P
There! I've never been in such a horrible jam in before in my life (=P) or lost total consciousness! Haha. But I don't ever want to go through any of them again =P Once is enough =P
Labels: interesting


Post a Comment