Saturday, 10 January 2009

Janet's 21st + Other vaguely related stuff

Just came back from Janet's 21st birthday party, and it was, I must say, very different from all the birthday parties I have attended so far. We were served a dimsum lunch at a restaurant as Janet flitted from table to table (four tables altogether), and it felt a little like we were attending Janet's wedding, especially when she and her boyfriend Li Hao (I presume that's how to spell his name - pronounced Li4 Hao4) posed for the camera together behind her birthday cake =P

It was fun watching Janet's youngest sister, Cheryl, bully Sinvert too! =P How was it like being bullied for a change, eh? Janet was a good host as she gave everyone equal attention. At least I think so. Haha. The food was nice too, so I actually had a nice time at her party =)

I sometimes still wonder if I do regret not having a party for my 21st. I remember worrying over who to invite and what to do for my guests, and so on. In the end, I realised that I would not be able to handle the attention that I would get and therefore not be able to be a good host, that I decided against a party. Another reason was that my Mum did not want to disturb/trouble my relatives.

I do not want this sort of thing to happen to my own children. I don't want my children to be shy like me and suffer all this nonsense. I don't want to feel like I'm "troubling" my relatives in the future. I want to have a close-knit relationship with all my relatives. This means I've got to start working on that now.

Labels: , , ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 17:57:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home