Friday, 9 January 2009

An Update

Okay, so I figured that an update on my life is overly due. Haha. I shall start from the time when I last posted...

My last paper (evo psych) was on 4th Dec, so needless to say, I was mugging at home on the 3rd. On the 4th, after evo, Anna and I set off to Cine to get tickets to watch Bolt with Tim and his then-new girlfriend, Cally (pronounced Call-lee). We hung around in Orchard until evening, had dinner at Kobayashi Hangul (I got it right this time Shel =P), where the cold cha soba set is really cool, pun intended.

On the 5th, I went to Karen's house to teach her how to bake the cupcakes that Anna and I had made for her birthday. We had a fun time and we both learned that her oven is extremely hot and has to be adjusted many degrees below what any recipe says. Well actually, I told her so earlier on already, but she only truly realised it when I was over there and told her to do so on the spot, if you get what I mean. Haha.

On the 6th, Anna, Linevert, Janet, Wenyou and I met to go for the Ben & Jerry's ice-cream fest together before heading for Tok Tok's house for a Psych gathering. Mervert was supposed to come for the fest too, but it rained unexpectedly and I heard (if I'm not wrong) that her class changed their meeting place to somewhere else far away from Orchard so it wasn't convenient for her to come and meet us. Anyway, the rain caused our journey to Fort Canning Park to be even more arduous, and guess what. When we got there, Wenyou found out from one of her friends that we had to pay for the 12 new flavours of ice-cream that they were unveiling there. -_-

Oh yes, we met Parvin and Darshini there too, who were on their way out just as we were going in. Haha.

Anyway, we didn't stay there long, and left to eat ice-cream at Gelare in the end. Haha. Following that, we went to Tok Tok's house for dinner and had lots of fun there =) It was then that I realised Edmund is a very nice person =)

The 7th was the eve of Sunshine's birthday, so I baked a marshmallow brownie for him, and borrowed Dee's car to transport everything over. Parking at HDB carparks is free on Sundays anyway =P Staying till midnight to blow candles with him was a surprise, and it was fun to be able to do that. Haha. The smart me took along a tripod to take pictures of us together. Heeheehee. =P

We celebrated his birthday together on the 8th - let the Facebook album piece the story together for you =P Haha.

I had a good rest on the 9th, then met Sunshine again on the 10th for a buffet at Marriott Hotel. One of his clients had kindly given him a credit card privilege coupon for the buffet, so we got to go for it. The food there is really good, and we ate to our hearts' content =D

I spent my 11th at Anna's house and we watched Proposal Daisakusen. Nice show =) I learnt some things from it. One thing I like about Japanese shows is that there are always lessons to be learnt from them. At least for most Japanese shows. Haha.

The 12th, I knew, was the last day I would get to spend at home, so I packed my luggage for my holiday to Hong Kong. My parents were influenced by me and packed too, and actually scolded Dao for not having a sense of urgency to pack his. Oops. =P

I went for Kim and Char's birthday party with Sunshine on the 13th. They had it at the Le Majestic Hotel, which is a designer hotel and has different designs in every room. Cool. But it costs $400 a night. =S I borrowed a pair of sneakers from Anna and tried to dress as a Japanese student for their party's school theme. But I forgot my "blazer", so it was sort of in vain. Haha. Sunshine wore his OCBC uniform and tried to pass off as a teacher.

Anyway, I entered a bar (the hotel's bar) for the first time that night (only to sing the birthday song and have the birthday cake lah) and saw how a DJ works. The screen was so cool I couldn't help staring at it the whole time. Haha.

Met Satay on the 14th, went church together and had lunch. Then, as expected (though not so early), she said she was going to meet her bf, and Sunshine called to ask me to his house because his mum was making mee hoon kway (which is rare), so I went over to his house.

I had my MINDEF written test on the 15th and spent an entire afternoon there doing 4 personality and cognitive tests and 1 on the job simulation (if I don't remember wrongly). Whoa. Then I met Sunshine for dinner to discuss our trading account opening.

16th to 22nd was my holiday in HK and I'm not yet done with my holiday journal =P

I spent my Christmas Eve in JB with Karen. Hadn't wanted to go initially because of the rain, but she persuaded me to go, and I'm glad I did in the end, because we had fun. We shopped like crazy and watched Twilight!! =D And guess what, we met SINVERT there!! Total coincidence, and he spotted us first. And he...he...he pinched my cheeks...HALLO!!! How could you do this to a senior you...pervert.

I spent Christmas with Sunshine and his family. We attempted to cook an egg dish and it turned out alright. Haha.

Met Shel for the first time after so long on the 26th, and we hung out in Orchard after Anna and I watched Proposal Daisakusen at her house. It was fun =)

I met Sunshine and his colleagues for a Christmas buffet dinner at Hanabi Restaurant on the 27th. His colleagues are very friendly and not the cold, snobbish kind, so it was nice hanging out with them. Haha. We talked in Starbucks till 2300+, so Sunshine sent me home in a cab.

He took me to the zoo on the 28th because he had wanted to go there. Yeah, so he took over the planning for our December date and I'm supposed to plan for January's and February's. We saw lots of cute animals at the zoo and took a lot of pictures, which he wants me to post here. I shall do so at a later time ok? =P

We watched Bedtime Stories after dinner. It was a very funny movie =)

The 2SC6 outing was on the 29th, but I was so sick and tired that I even fell asleep in the toilet while doing my business (=P) that I knew I wasnt in any condition to go out. So I regretfully excused myself and rested at home. Sigh, that was another opportunity to meet Daryl that I missed. Goodness knows how many times we've wanted to meet but can't. Sigh. =(

And so I spent the 30th to 1st resting at home. I postponed another date to JB with Karen on the 31st, but met Sunshine for a short dinner that day - figured that a short trip outside wouldn't hurt that much. Wanted to stay till past midnight to usher in the new year, but I actually fell asleep while reading and was very surprised to wake up when it was all dark, with my specs on. -_- By then, it was already past one, and everyone was already asleep =(

I met up with Anna and Shel on the 2nd to watch Ponyo on the cliff by the sea, and Tim played us out. It wasn't really his fault in a way; he had problems arranging stuff with Cally. But I guess he was rather insensitive in certain matters (I don't think he reads my blog so don't worry). Oh well. Guys. They ought to have enough sensitivity to be appealing to us, and yet at the same time not be OVERsensitive. That's a downright turnoff. Haha. Okay, fussy me.

I met up with Fool, Miss Maudie, Hui Zhi (who returned from her work and study thing at the US) and Drain for dinner at Sushi Tei. We got to sit in an elegant cubicle. Too bad I didn't take any photos of that =( Sherilyn, who had THREE gatherings that day - JC, Uni and Sec sch (us), shuffled among all three groups that evening; something that a girl who was triple dating a guy would do =P Sort of =P At the very end, as Miss Maudie, Hui Zhi and I went over to bade goodbye to Sherilyn while she was chatting with her uni friends, I spotted Hong Juan...or rather we saw each other at the same time, and my mouth hung open for goodness knows how long. Haha. What a coincidence! It was then that I remembered that they were both from Raffles Hall...haha...we chatted for a while, and finally left.

I finally went to JB with Karen on the 3rd, and we didn't have as happy a time there this round, perhaps because there weren't as many new things for us to see together anymore. Haha. We watched Yes Man there, recommended by Sinvert earlier on, on Christmas Eve. It was really funny too, thanks Sinvert =D

I made another trip into JB again on the 5th, this time with Sunshine, as I had promised to get contact lenses there with him. I still have two boxes that I have to collect, so I'll have to go in again next month or something. Argh. It's really cheaper to watch movies there, so we watched Ip Man there this time. That's a really good movie, and I mean good meaningful. I love meaningful movies that make me think a lot =D It made me ruminate on dignity, values and pride for one's country. Hmmm.

From the 6th till today, I've been at home because I fell sick AGAIN, the moment I recovered. Maybe I hadn't really recovered previously. Bleah. =( Pushed away a chance to meet up with Shel, Anna and Mas, a dinner with Kitty, Anna and Xiaobai, as well as a sushi buffet with Anna and the Energy girls. Heard that Mervert got stomach flu and couldn't make it for the sushi buffet as well, hope you are alright now =)

Okay, I'm trying my best to stop myself from coughing now, because I remember that that was how I had recovered from a cough very long ago. Hope it works, because I had a very bad coughing fit just now - the kind where I sound like I'm going to puke.

It's Janet's birthday party tomorrow! I hope I would be able to go for it =)

Labels: ,

... andriTz* lost in her thoughts at 20:48:00...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home