Pulau Ubin Trip 25052007
I went to Pulau Ubin with Sunshine yesterday! :D It was supposed to be a surprise as we have decided to take turns planning for our monthly dates and only tell the other person what to bring the night before the date.
(Guess what. I actually brought a low-batt and near card-full camera there...and had to use my handphone to take photos in the end. I had to borrow Sunshine's hand phone to take photos too! =P)
Anyway, it was my first time there, and I really didn’t manage to guess where we were going. I was right about the cycling though! We also trekked through part of a forest to see Ubin quarry.
The rest of our time was spent trying to get to 2 beaches in Pulau Ubin (because I got so many mosquito bites from the trekking that Sunshine didn’t allow us to go on anymore =P) and we got lost quite a few times while doing so. There was this time when we got into a swamp instead of the right track and it was so muddy that we both emerged…muddy. Haha. Finally, Sunshine realized that we should have turned left after the 2nd bridge that went on instead of turning right into the swamp.
After we found our way to the Mamam Beach, we decided to cycle faster because it was getting dark. The roads there are not lit, as those who have been to Ubin know. Haha. I think it would be terribly scary to be there at night without any lights. The place reminds me of certain places in Malaysia that I’ve been to. Haha.
I really love our “adventure” yesterday! If only Singapore had more of such places. The only thing I didn’t like about yesterday was the 70+ mosquito bites I got. Now my thighs look diseased. Thank goodness the mosquitoes didn’t sting my face (strangely…but that’s good =P). Even DAO got freaked out. Haha. I look THAT bad now =P Trying my best to combat the itch…I don’t want scars! =P
But I must say I’m quite fascinated by the number of bites I got. The most I’ve ever gotten in a day. Woohoo! =P


Post a Comment