Stupid Dao
Just had a row with my brother over the dishes. I absolutely have to complain about this lazy bum. He had finished dinner after my parents and I was still at the dining table drinking corn soup (I was the slowest because I was late for dinner and I don’t like corn soup…it has a lot of the corn ears’…whatever. I don’t know what that string-like thing is called =P). He brought his plate over to the sink and saw the bowls my parents had used (they didn’t wash theirs as Dee has to work the night shift today and was rushing, and Mum was rushing too – to watch her show. She had wanted to wash the dishes during the commercial break, I think) – and the first thing he said was, “Whose turn is it to wash the dishes?” (Dee, Dao and I used to take turns to wash dishes, but now, the so-called schedule for dish-washing duty is void because the three of us are not home for dinner so often) Since we are no longer able to keep track of whose turn it is to do the dishes, I have washed whatever I see in the sink along with mine ever since. Dee does that too. Okay; I mean, we all do that. It’s normal, as long as you are part of the family and want to keep the house clean. It’s such a duh thing.
Anyway, I just asked him to wash whatever he saw inside since he was there, and he started complaining as if it was the worse thing on earth to wash dishes. He did wash them in the end, but because he was complaining, I couldn’t resist putting in my two cents’ worth and complained about him to himself (which I believe is what everyone should do. There is no use complaining about someone to someone ELSE. Air your grievances to the person who upset you. Why bother to let some other person have a bad impression of the person you are upset with? It’s so unethical and immoral) about his laziness. I mean, come on; imagine my agony seeing his messy desk every day. It is honestly an irritating eyesore. When he comes home, he throws his stuff on the sofa/floor and goes off to do his stuff (either use the computer to play games or eat or watch TV, etc. Just imagine what lazy people do). When he practices on the erhu, he lays everything (meaning his music scores, the stand for his scores, his tuner, his metronome, etc) on MY BED (one point about this – I used to dislike having anyone on my bed besides me, let alone other people’s things…but I’ve changed slightly for the better. Haha). That’s still not too bad, since I’ve changed…but guess what? Sometimes, he leaves his stuff there like nobody’s business, till I ask him to clear up. Alright. To be fair to him, he rarely does that now.
In the morning, he simply dumps his pillows and bolster on my neatly (okay not that neat, but still okay) made bed and goes off (his bed has to be pulled out from under mine so once it’s pushed in, he can’t leave anything on it since the space between his bed and mine is too small) just like that. HALLO! I’ve told him many times to put his stuff nicely on my bed but he doesn’t ever do it. Bleah!
Alright. Perhaps I can’t stand lazy AND messy people. (K not as if I’m very hardworking and neat, but he’s the limit…) Aarghh! I can’t believe I’ve put up with this bum for 16+ years of my life!
I’ve been meandering round the topic. Haha. What I had wanted to say, in a nutshell, is that he was reluctant to wash the dishes, complained, I complained back to him, and it escalated into a fiery row, the both of us shouting at each other with me shouting in a self-righteous tone (aarghh can’t stand this side of myself) and him in a defensive tone. (Apparently, he had made an appointment to game with his friends at 1900, and the time then was about 1855. Man. What’s wrong with being a little late for a game? Even a casual appointment can’t be THAT important. I don’t think washing the dishes would take that long either.)
He accused me of shouting first. I don’t know if I did, but it seems like he did. In the end, Mum came to take over from him and Dee started shouting at him too =P Oh well. I wonder if whatever I had said did get into him, but I guess not. I’ve pretty much given up hope on him already. Sigh. Why can’t he be more mature and responsible?
Disclaimer: I do not profess to be as good a person as I seem to have implied to be! I’m actually quite bad too. This is just a complaint =P
Okay. Dinner’s over. Back to my soci term paper =P (yes, it’s not completed =P)


Post a Comment